The Easter Bunny made sure to hide the baskets in some difficult places for the kids. Maura found hers first and I think Tristan was starting to panic a little, so we helped him with his search! He was SO excited to get Army men in his basket.

Bennett was pretty excited about his basket too--he got puffs and fruity Cheerios in his eggs. We had a yummy, but rushed breakfast of egg casserole, homemade cinnamon rolls and fruit before we hurried the kids into their Easter outfits and headed off to church.
But NOT before I had the kids pose for a quick photo on the front step. Once again, they were thrilled about it. I feel like the apathy toward the camera is only going to get worse as they get older! I did get someone to take our photo at church because I knew the kids would start removing their church clothes before we even made it home. My sweet family. It was our first Easter as a family of five. So blessed.
The kids could NOT WAIT to tear into their Easter baskets when we got home!
After naps, we headed out to Mom and Dad's house. Alexandra, the birthday girl, was there to join us. So cute! Mom made a bunny cake for the occasion. She's pretty amazing. We finished up Alex's birthday party at about 6:30 the night before and she ran home, made Easter dinner and whipped up this bunny cake. Thanks Mom!
Sweetest kids EVER! At least at this moment. I love how much they love each other. Maura is getting to be a great babysitter and makes sure to look out for safety hazards that might hurt her baby brother. She totes him around a lot, which he's not terribly fond of, but he loves her just the same!
Below: After dinner, we headed out for an Easter Egg hunt. My kids are Easter Egg hunt pros, but they were awesome about leaving some eggs for Alex to find. 
Sweet little egg finders! Maura found the super bonus egg this year. I guess it pays to be the "big kid!"
Below: I loved having some snuggle time with my favorite little bunny. I think he thoroughly enjoyed his very first Easter. I hope that as my children get older we can continue to impress upon them the "true" meaning of Easter and that they'll celebrate the day not just as an opportunity to gorge themselves on marshmallow bunnies, but to worship the Son who is Risen!






1 comment:
So sweet. After I sent that dress for Alexandra I found the smaller sized pink one that matches the one Maura is wearing! Was kicking myself! (And the fact that you are able to sit down for a homemade breakfast on Easter morning and still make it to church on time officially AMAZES me!!!!)
Post a Comment