Monday, May 16, 2011

Ten Months

Bennett William at ten months of age is a conundrum. On one hand, he's the sweetest, smiliest, cuddliest boy on the planet. On the other hand, he's the wildest, wiggliest, most opinionated baby I've had. Yes, it's true, my sweet third born, who I thought was my "easy baby" has turned into his own little tornado. This kid is FAST! I can set him down and turn my head and he's halfway down the hall trying to throw himself down the stairs. He's now almost impossible to hold in church because he's always squirming to get down so that he can examine the floor for the most disgusting thing he can find to eat. When he doesn't get set down like he wants, he starts squealing like a little pig and throwing himself backwards. Beware, he can bloody your nose, as Brent was lucky enough to find out! He loves faces and hair, and will pull, hit and scratch whenever he gets close enough to touch you. Maura and Tristan are always getting just a little too close and Bennett's lightning fast reflexes are always ready to grab a big chunk of hair. They don't like it much at all! He's also crawling very well and he can reach any an all toys that they're playing with. Suddenly that cute little brother isn't so cute anymore! They still love him so much, though! He is impossible not to love when he gives you his most charming smile. He's still a charmer and works his magic on all the ladies!



Maura and Tristan love Bennett, but they also love to torment him. Some of their favorite activities are stealing away toys that he's worked so hard to get. They also enjoy throwing things, shooting things and tapping him with things. I don't think that the intention is ever to hurt him, but sometimes I question their judgement! And so...you get crazy action like in this photo. That's a marshmallow gun that Tristan is aiming at Bennett's head and yes, that's the back of the couch that Maura is standing on. Yep, I'm an awesome parent! I also let me baby crawl at lightning speed down the driveway towards the road. He was fast--I can't imagine that crawling on concrete is terribly comfortable!




We had about three nice days during the month of April, so we made sure to take as much advantage of them as we could! Bennett and Tristan chose to play football. Look at that form. Brent will be so proud!



My boys! I pray that they'll always be friends. Maybe they'll bond over a shared love of balls, or perhaps they'll just fight over said balls. What looks like a peaceful exchange in the photos was actually Bennett squealing as Tristan tried to steal his ball. Bennett has learned to stand up for himself!



Super Bennett! At ten months he's mostly on solid foods. He's still nursing, but he's beginning to wean himself, to the point that I've been giving him cups of formula with his meals so that he gets enough fluid. He's FINALLY napping reasonably well, taking a 1-2 hour nap at 10 and 2 hour nap at 2. He's still not consistently sleeping through the night. It seems like every time he gets to a point where he's sleeping well, he gets a cold and we're back to 1-3 awakenings a night. Agg! I would think that the shear amount of physical activity he does every day would wear him out so that he'd sleep at night! He is a mover and a shaker. He's attempting the stairs now, much to my dismay. He will pull up on anything and will climb over obstacles in his way. He's beginning to be interested in books and will sit and read with me for short periods of time before bed. I love watching him read "Pat the Bunny" with me. He does all the activities in the book without being shown what to do. He's still not talking much. He says, "HI" all the time, but otherwise is just babbling. I think he may be trying to say "kitty" but it doesn't sound much like it! He just LOVES his Mommy right now, and his Daddy too. I figure that I have about six more months before I get replaced as the most important person in his life, so I'm going to enjoy and relish those months as much as possible! I guess I'd better go squeeze a few cuddles in right now!






post signature

No comments: