Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

We really had fun down in Tennessee this Easter weekend. We got down there late Friday night and enjoyed visiting for awhile before bed. Every Saturday we're down there Nan and Poppa take Maura to McDonald's so Brent and I can sleep in. We love it! It was the beginning of a great weekend.
Just a little flashback to this time last year. I had the bunny jammies on her then too--they just fit a LOT differently! It's hard to believe that she'd just started walking. This was her favorite activity this time last year--standing on her little chair.
Easter Morning 2007. What a sweet, sweet girl. I miss my baby!
Now she's a big girl. She has a ball playing at Nan and Poppa's house on all their fun toys. Their toys are much more exciting then ours, especially since she only sees them every few months.
Unfortunately, I managed to drop our video camera this weekend. Yup, that makes two camera drops in five months. I will say it wasn't really my fault this time. The strap on the camera broke while it was hanging over my neck and it crashed to the concrete floor. It still takes video, but there's no sound. SO, I talked to my brilliant sister-in-law, Amy, and she reminded me that most digital cameras take video. I forgot!! So, just realized it's really easy to take video with my camera then download to youtube. You guys will be seeing a lot more video coming up. I'll apologise for this particular segment. It was more for me to see if I could actually get it all to work than for your viewing pleasure. My little hopping girl is really funny though! This segment is from the Easter Egg hunt on Sunday.

Maura with a present from Grandpoppa and Gigi. I think my child is the only two year old in the world who is happy about getting clothes for a present. She kept pulling them out, making surprised faces and saying, "Yay, clothes!" She really is a girly girl!
We attempted Easter Egg dyeing with Maura this year. Nan was smart enough to put down a big vinyl table cloth and we just let her go to town with the dye. She was NOT gentle with the eggs, so all of them ended up being colored inside as well as out, but she had a fabulous time! She's still talking about dyeing Easter eggs and asked me today if we could do it.
Preggo Mommy with my busy girl. I'm getting big enough that I don't love seeing pictures of myself. If you watched the video, you have a good idea of how huge my belly is now. I can't believe I could still have another seven weeks. Please God NO!!
Maura loved all the colors and kept pulling out the eggs and saying, "It's turning pink, it's turning blue for every consecutive color.

The artist at work! Lets just say, there was a LOT of orange dye on that apron by the end of the project!
Maura enjoying a tea party with a new tea set from Auntie Mimi! She loved it.
This was Maura's Easter surprise from Nan and Poppa. Right after they took her to McDonald's, they went up to the Co-op and bought these ducks for her. She LOVED them. She wanted to pick them up and hold them, but if you've ever been around baby birds, you know they don't exactly enjoy that. Maura tried hard to be gentle, but she did grab them by the necks a few times. Poor things, they did survive the weekend with her.
Maura GENTLY grabbing a duck. The duck is panic stricken!! We did not bring the duckies home. They were very much enjoyed over the weekend and were given to someone else this week.

Nan and Poppa got a toy airplane to ride in. It is super cute and Maura loves it, but she doesn't get the whole pedaling thing yet, so she has to be pushed around. It was too much for this eight month preggo to handle, so I let Nan do all the legwork. I don't know if you can see her face very well in the picture, but it is certainly her "excited face!"

My sweet bunny. I tried putting the hood up just for a quick shot, but this kiddo hates hats!! I had to be quick--it only took her about two seconds to start fussing about it. I just had to put this outfit on her, though. Too many cute memories.
We managed to get ourselves and all our Easter stuff home at about 9:30 on Sunday night, so we're all still recovering. Hope all of you had as much fun this weekend as we all did.

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

You're officially more technically advanced than me! I still have no idea how to download/upload video. You guys really went ALL OUT for Easter. It's always more exciting when you can celebrate with family. We just did our best to survive the church potluck! We can't afford that much excitement these days! Maura is so dainty. You'd better hold on to your hats when that little boy arrives! Ha!!

mommy of girls said...

What a fun Easter weekend. Glad you figured out how to upload your video. It's really pretty easy and you don't have to use youtube to do it either, just as an FYI. You can upload directly from blogger. Can't wait to see more.