Here's our new(to us) car!! It's an XLE which means it has all the bells and whistles that a girl like me could want. I decided that if I had to do minivan, I wanted to do it in style. Maura hasn't said anything yet about the DVD player, but I'm waiting for that struggle to begin!
The same vehicle less than 24 hours later!! My poor new car! I did take a broom and sweep off all the snow so that we could drive it this afternoon.
Yet another day of mandatory snow enjoyment. I'm determined that Maura will one day enjoy snow as much as I do, so I'm trying to introduce all the really fun things you can do in the snow! Today we did sledding for the first time this season. It's the first snowfall that we could actually sled on!! Here I am in all my pregnant glory running around and dragging a sled!
Does this look like a child who is having fun? She actually seemed to be enjoying it initially until the sled unbalanced and she dumped off face first into the icy snow. After that, she tolerated it for awhile.
Pretty soon though, she was saying "Get off, no yike the BED, hold you!!" I would have loved a sled ride myself, but decided I would definitely pop the thing if I tried to sit on it!!
Maura was content as long was we were holding her. We did make a few snowballs, but the snow wasn't sticky enough for a snowman.
Aren't we cute little snowbunnies??
Maura talks a big game about stepping on the snow. As soon as she sees it out the window, she starts saying she wants to step on it and hear it crunch. Once again, it was a whole lot of talk and not much action. She did enjoy being on the driveway only after Brent shoveled it and we got her bikes out.
Look at the big adventurer!! She did venture on to the snow in between the cars to check out what Brent was doing while he was shoveling. I was shocked to see her actually standing on the snow.
My hard working man. We had the cleanest driveway on our street!
What a guy!
One last picture that I thought was so cute of Brent and Maura. He does push ups for exercise a lot and Maura has taken up doing them with him. She tries really hard to push her little body up, but right now she pretty much just pushes her bottom into the air and looks really funny! We applaud her efforts, though.
We went and got Maura's two year old pictures and Easter pictures taken today. I should have a link to the website sometime in the next few days. I'll make sure I post it so that you can go check it out and order lots of pictures of my little cutie!





2 comments:
HAPPY MINIVAN!!!! How exciting! Welcome to the "Luv'n Life in My Minivan" Club!
Girl...I always love it when I have a new friend converted to the world of minivan moms! I hope those "I'll never..." words tasted pretty good! They look good from the pictures! I'm happy for you all and don't think you'll ever regret it. I wanted a minivan before kids! They're just way too convenient!
Post a Comment