Thursday, December 18, 2008

Girl time...sort of.

I took advantage of the time I spent in Kentucky to get some much needed girl time. Since we moved to Georgia, I don't really have much of a chance to go hang out with other girls and get that real girlfriend talk taken care of. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother, sisters and friends in Kentucky, and I was able to have girl time to my little heart's content. We had five different play dates while we were there, which are really more for me than for the kids. We mommies just gab away and let our kiddos run around and entertain themselves(read: fight over toys). It was just so much fun to visit with my friends. I also spent lots of time hanging out with Mom at the house and just talking over what was going on in my life. We also took a few outings just for fun. I even hired a babysitter for once and had REAL girl time!
Mom took Katie and I to the Glitz one day. I had never been and have heard it talked about so much. When we made our plans for my trip, I mentioned that I wanted to go and Mom, who never misses a good time if she can help it, quickly agreed that it was a must see event. We chose probably the wettest day ever to make our pilgrimage to Nonesuch Kentucky for a truly once in a lifetime lunch. I actually hired a babysitter because children are really not encouraged in this place. The sign on the door prohibited baby car seats, diaper bags, and large purses. They practically did everything but come out and say children weren't allowed! It was truly glitzy! The whole place is covered in glass ornaments, lights, tinsel and other fru-fru. I hardly saw a man in the whole place!
Mom and I enjoying the ambiance.
Katie and I. Later that week, we had a bridal appointment for my sister, Katie. I had already had two babysitters that week and didn't want to hire another, so we just arranged for the kids to attend with us. It was just us girls...and Tristan. Sweet little Tristan, such a good baby. We called him Sven Jorganson that night because of his pink cheeks and chunky knit sweater. He just looked so Nordic!
I set Maura up in a dressing room with a DVD player, snacks and a drink. Tristan liked the little room too!
Maura will be a flower girl in Katie's wedding and we put her in a "princess dress." She LOVED it and she danced all around in it.
Katie and Maura.
Maura was so fascinated by how she looked in her princess dress.
She danced and jumped around and had a wonderful time.
Emily styling and looking like a watermelon.

We had so much fun and Katie even bought her dress! Hooray for girl time!



post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

I heart The Glitz! How exciting that Maura gets to be a flower girl!! My kids have no hope... I have no single friends, and I can't imagine Corey getting married for AT LEAST like 20 years!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to the Glitz sometime. Looks like you had fun.