Better late than never, I guess, but Tristan turned ten months old two weeks ago on the 6th. I wanted to make sure that I wrote down some remembrances of him at ten months before I forget them. At ten months, Tristan is a bright sunshiny boy, but he's MY boy. Momma finds it difficult to step more than six feet away from him without him turning on the waterworks. He wants to be held pretty much all the time he's awake. He's getting much more mobile, but not so much that he's able to follow me yet, so when I walk away, he freaks out. He can get across the room very quickly by rolling and military crawl, but he's not doing a "standard" crawl yet. He's pulling to stand, though, so I'm thinking he's just going to skip crawling. Truly, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he does skip it altogether. Tristan is developing quite the personality. He's big on gestures and loves to point at things and be told what they are. He LOVES balls and will find a way to get to one that he spies. He says, "ball, hat, bye bye, Mama and Dada." I think he might also have said "dogdog," but he won't repeat it, so I don't know. He's a BIG flirt and loves to act coy when people talk to him. His newest thing is dancing. When we say, "Tristan DANCE!" he starts to boogie. He knows it's funny too, because he stops and laughs. He's also started shaking his head NO this month. He uses it for both positive and negative things, so I don't think he knows what he means by it, but it sure is cute.


Tristan started
exhibiting temper this month. Whenever he gets frustrated or gets something taken away from him, he squeals loudly, balls up his fists and flaps his arms. It's a cute little temper tantrum, but I'm sure it won't be so cute in the future! He's getting to be such a big boy. I took him the the pediatrician right before he turned ten months and he weighed in at 24.5 pounds, which was the 85
th percentile. All I know is that he's killing my back! He's getting really squirmy when we hold him, so when he throws around those 25 pounds it can really set you off balance. He has eight teeth now and he's starting to look like such a big boy when he grins. You can see all eight teeth in this photo.


"Momma is too far away, and my pants are WAY too small!" Can you tell that I'm trying to hold out on clothes until the weather warms up? I refuse to buy new pants when he's going to be wearing shorts in less than a month! As far as eating, Tristan is eating pretty much everything. He loves meat and veggies and I've recently started giving him cottage cheese, which he loves but make a huge mess with. He gets VERY upset if we don't get his food to him quickly enough and he always has his mouth open for the next bite before I can load up the spoon. He loves his
sippy cup and drinks out of it on his own. He's still breastfeeding, but not very much at all. He tends to have only one really good feed a day, in the morning, so I think we won't be nursing much longer. He's sleeping about twelve hours a night, but only taking 20-40 minute naps twice a day. Today, though, he took a two hour nap and I felt like I won the lottery!! Each day with our baby boy is so special and he brings us so much joy. I can't believe that it's less than two months before he turns one! Where does the time go??

3 comments:
He weighs more than Sydney and almost as much as Emily! He is becoming such a boy and not a baby anymore. Almost time for another 1st bday party!
Shauna
Wow, only two more months 'til the big 0-1! Such a handsome boy!
BTW... he weighs at least 2 pounds more than Anna Kate!
Post a Comment