Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Spontaneity

I like to be spontaneous. In my pre-kid days, I loved to plan things last minute and head off on an outing at a moment's notice. Things are necessarily complicated these days. The preparation that goes into leaving the house with two kids and all their stuff tends to keep us from making any last minute plans. The other day I broke that trend. My friend Angie called to see if I wanted to ride up to IKEA with her to return a bookshelf. Keep in mind that IKEA is an hour and a half away, and I had visited just two days previously on the way back from the airshow! For some reason, I said "Sure!" and we all piled in the car for the trip up to Ohio. I'm so glad we went because we had a great time!

The girls had more fun at IKEA steering their cart around with their feet! It was hilarious for Angie and I, but probably annoying for the other customers. I didn't care much, though--they were OUT of the bookshelf that we came to exchange. UGG! Sarah taking her cart ride.

Maura got herself so worked up that she could hardly stop giggling. We headed over to Totter Otterville, a play place at a toy store in Covington. The kids loved it! Maura especially loved the ballet studio and she and Sarah were so cute mimicking the ballerinas.

My girl sure can rock a tutu! She begged me to put one on Tristan, and he got into the spirit too, asking to wear a tutu like his sister.

He looked like a sumo wrestler in that tutu. I almost died laughing at him! Pretty soon, the novelty wore off and he was ready for that tutu to go!

Maura and Sarah moving the bricks in the play factory. Enjoying some very wet water table play.

The kids loved the water table...ESPECIALLY Tristan. He caused a little water table tsunami and the other kids weren't exactly anxious to play around him. I had to look around and verify that they had a drain because I think he emptied half the contents of the table!

Grocery shopping. And, I'll tell you, three's a crowd, especially when they all want to push the cart! Tristan made me a yummy tart and my day was complete!

Last Wednesday, Lorie and Micah dedicated Alexandra to the Lord. I was so glad to be able to make it to such an important occasion. Alex looked like a little baby doll in the christening gown Grammy made for her.


Grammy and Pappap are so proud of ALL their sweet grandbabies!

post signature

2 comments:

Angie said...

The memories we made will last a lifetime. I am glad you caught a few moments on film! Who cares if they were out of the shelves?

Michael and Hannah said...

I thought Lexington had an IKEA now... I must have made that up. Brent is going to kill you for thos tutu pics! ;o)