My favorite event of the summer occurred last week. I had been thinking about having all of Maura's friends over for a swimming
play date, but hadn't gotten around to it all summer. I finally decided to fit in this play date between our trip to Pennsylvania and getting ready for Katie's shower. Somehow along the way, it evolved into a real party and became so much more involved than just your average play date. We had a blast at our 1st Annual
Playdate Beach Party! Maura was all dressed up and ready to go to the beach party. She shed the grass skirt and lei just after this photo, but would have worn the wings into the water if I would have let her!
Here's what inspired the craziness--I saw an email featuring these adorable cupcakes and just had to recreate them!

Lily enjoying the water slide. Tristan loved checking out the sprinkler. I think he spends more time drinking from it than running through it! Liam couldn't wait to get into the water!

Sarah was super excited to be there! Our new neighbor, Olivia enjoyed the pool.

ALL of the kids loved the slip and slide. Without an adult there to throw them down it, it was really more like an "inch and slide," but it held their attention. Sarah scooting ever so slowly down the slide.

Undeterred by the speed of the descent, Olivia went for another turn, and Maura got a "fresh" drink of water. Yum, yum! Jentry was SO excited to be swimming. When she got to her babysitters house that morning, she was SO upset that she hadn't been dropped off at the promised swimming pool. When she finally got to the pool, she giggled and splashed like it was the most exciting thing ever!

How many kids can Tristan counter balance on a teeter totter?? Answer: Three three year olds! The kids couldn't get enough of the water slide on the pool. They climbed up and slide down so many times.

Tristan's little buddy, Avery. Claire is the other daughter of our new neighbors. I think she and Tristan will be able to play someday.

Lainey came and brought her new baby sister with her. The kids enjoyed some water-free moments during craft time when they made butterflies and colored beach themed cutouts.

Maura always loves craft time and she pretty much gave up on swimming for the day when she realized there were crafts to be done. Daddy and Tristan enjoyed lunch together. I wasn't sure if Brent was going to enjoy being part of the play date party, but he fit right in with four of the teacher friends who we had invited!

The kids enjoyed an alfresco lunch, mostly because I didn't want a bunch of wet toddlers tromping through the house! My friend Julie posed with her little girl, Lainey. Rachel enjoyed her picnic with Jentry and Avery.

All the girls enjoyed "eating" together. Combining all of the kids together, one full lunch MIGHT have been consumed. They all had plenty of room for cupcakes, though! I thought that this was a sweet picture of Avery and Tristan playing together, but on second glance, I think it's a defensive maneuver of Tristan's part to protect his cupcake.

Mmm. Cupcakes always taste best when you wear them!
We had so much fun at our beach party that I've vowed I'm going to try and do it every year. I'm so sad that it's almost the end of summer, but if I can look forward to a party every year at the end of summer, I MIGHT be able to cope!

1 comment:
You are so stink'n fun!! Wish sooooooooo much we lived closer so I could mooch off all of your super-play-date planning!
Post a Comment