My Dad's birthday was in the last week of July and we all got together to celebrate!! My family loves a party and a chance to celebrate, so we enjoyed spending some time together.
Pappap got some Alex cuddle time in.

And Grammy got to cuddle her "little" grandson! Tristan and Maura were so excited to see all their aunts and uncles together at one time. Emily, Katie and I enjoyed some delicious ribs.
Mmmm.
Sidenote: at some point during the dinner, Maura spied the hole in Katie's top and decided that it would be a fabulous idea to stick her whole arm down inside it. We were all so surprised that we started laughing, which Maura took as encouragement. It was a while before we were able to convince her that it was not appropriate!

Lorie, Micah and Alex,
umm, catching flies?? Maura got to help
Pappap blow out those birthday candles. She actually selected that dress herself and came down dressed in it and a pair of
capris after she woke up from her nap. We've had some hilarious clothing combos ever since she decided to begin dressing herself.

My Aunt Barbara had arrived that afternoon in anticipation of Katie's Bridal shower, so we were so glad she could join us for the occasion. Tristan enjoyed a shoulder ride from Daddy.

Is anyone getting tired of swimming photos on this blog this summer?? Sorry! They just look so darn cute! These were taken on August 6
th, Tristan's 15 month birthday. What a big boy he's getting to be. He understands a lot of what we talk about now. The other day, Maura got to go out with Grammy for a date. We had talked all morning about how much fun she was going to have. When Grammy picked her up and it became apparent that he wasn't going along too, Tristan just cried his little eyes out. I felt so bad for him! He got to stay home and play one-on-one with Mommy. I'm just going to have to remember that he's probably getting a lot of what I talk to Maura about these days. Maura has finally turned a corner and actually wants to have her photo taken some days.

Happy fifteen month birthday little man. Tristan is walking very well, running at times, climbing whatever he can and trying to jump. The other day Brent and I watched as he "jumped" off the bottom step. He landed on his tail, but didn't get hurt. It was funny to see him try, though! Tristan us using about 15 words and five signs. He repeats a lot of words when asked to, but they aren't really part of his vocabulary. He says, "Hi, Bye-bye, Mama, Dada,
baba(bottle), up, out, kitty, please, ball, hat,
dogdog." He is very effective at pointing and screaming to get something. He's started having little temper tantrums when something gets taken away from him. He screams an ear piercing scream and stomps his little feet as fast as he can. He's just as full of drama as his big sister!! He wakes me up in the morning at around 6:30 usually by yelling, "Mama,
baba!!" He likes his food--a LOT! He's starting to get pickier, though, and will spit out
broccoli and green beans. I guess it's time to break out the Deceptively Delicious cookbook! Tristan is taking one nap a day for about 2 hours, which is nice to allow us to get out in the mornings. He's really developed a love of books and if I forget to read before nap or bed he's
decidedly unhappy! He loves his
blankie these days and stands outside his crib and cries for it until I give it to him. He's getting his molars right now and has been a teething pro. My kids have always done so well with teething. I hope the streak continues! He is still a mommy's boy and clings to me like crazy. I took him to the doctor the other day and he weighed 30.6 pounds, which was over the
hundredth percentile. He was 32 inches, which was the 78
th percentile. He's just a big boy. I can't wait for him to be able to walk more places so I can save my back!! He's just about the sweetest, brightest and funniest baby I've ever seen and he attracts so much attention. People stop us in public all the time to tell us how adorable he is and comment on his bright blue eyes. I feel a little sorry for Maura, who is just as darling, but not as social or as young and therefore attracts less notice. She
doesn't seem to mind, but I don't want to create any issues!

Here's the little darling now! What a ham! As social as Tristan is, he does NOT love church. He screams at the top of his lungs when I leave him in the nursery, so I really have to see how many workers there are to see if it's something I can subject them to. There are two other kids the exact same age who always scream too, so it's quite the symphony of screaming back in the nursery. Tristan will consent to going to Cradle Roll only if I sit right behind his chair and help him. Even then, he's not so sure! I took photos of the rest of the class too, but don't want to put them online as I'm not sure if their parents would appreciate it.

My kids love the podium at the front of the church and make a beeline for it as soon as service is over. As you can imagine, they make quite a racket stomping across the podium.

Maura treats us to a concert in the "microphone" every Sunday. She looks like a rock star!!
Sidenote: The dress she has on is one she received for her first birthday from Nan. She's worn it ever since she was 18 months old!!
2 comments:
That is too funny about Tristan and church... Well, I know it's not funny for you. But it will pass! I remember those days. And I may be going right back to it!
Don't you love those dresses that fit forever?! We've got a few of those. It seems like Tristan looks like a whole new boy every couple of months! Maura has looked exactly the same (only bigger) since she was a little baby, but Tristan keeps re-inventing himself!
Post a Comment