Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bedhead

I get comments from strangers all the time about Tristan's gorgeous white curly hair. It really is adorable. That curly little head just bobs about as he walks and the little ringlets in the back get tighter and tighter the hotter he gets. I LOVE the curly hair. I love it so much that the thought of cutting it in a few months makes me sad even now. I guess I'll let it grow until he starts looking like a little Trista! That being said, I'm not used to the little curly head. I totally didn't expect to see it look like an afro every morning and afternoon when he wakes up. It's quite the sight, poking up above the crib. Here is Tristan's wake up 'do from this afternoon. He self styled it just before bed with tomato juice, banana and cottage cheese. I think it makes a wonderful hair gel too, don't you??



The back side of said bedhead! It's really something! Tristan's favorite toy these days?? The phone. I don't know how he gets hold of them, but every time I turn around, he's dialing up someone. I hit redial the other day, thinking I was calling my mom and I got a complete stranger--no doubt a Tristan dial. I'm waiting to get the phone bill to see if he's called China! "Hewow?" I love how he puts the phone on his shoulder.

I try really hard to be a fun mom. You guys only see the best attempts I make. I'm certainly not fun all the time, but I hope to be able to establish fun memories and traditions with my kids. Here's my attempt from the other day. Sarah was over for a play date while her momma was at the doctor and I pulled out all the play clothes for them. It took some convincing, but eventually they were dressed like the most adorable princesses I've ever seen, complete with jewelry and tiaras

We had "made" cookies earlier(stuck chocolate chips and nuts into break and bake cookies) so we headed downstairs for a "real" tea party. Maura has the most adorable tea set that Aunt Amy and Uncle Matt bought one Christmas and we use it a lot. This is the first time I'd attempted real tea with the girls and I think I'll just go back to water in the future! Neither one liked the tea! Tristan was the official party crasher, attempting to grab all cookies, plates, and teacups within reach. My happy(grumpy) little princess enjoying her tea and cookie.

Sarah, looking precious as always in her crown and gloves. Somewhere in the middle of our party, Tristan decided he wasn't getting enough attention, so he began throwing a large plastic ball on the hard linoleum. You can imagine the racket!

Sarah, always the showman. She and Maura wore their wings almost the entire morning. Soon after Sarah arrived, Maura looked at her and said, "Your wings are little and mine are big!" Tears ensued and I proceeded to explain that those were hurtful words and that little wings were just as good as big wings. I must have been fairly persuasive, because now Maura is dying for a pair of wings like Sarah's! The girls in their wings--obviously Maura has had enough of the picture taking!

Last night, we visited Brent at the Middle School Madness scrimmage. It was the first public event of the season and the teams scrimmage each other to get a feel for a "real" game. The kids love visiting Daddy at the football field and I'm so glad they do. Some days, if we don't visit the field, the kids don't see their daddy at all! Maura got all dressed up for the occasion like a cheerleader. Gulp! I'm not sure if I should encourage any cheerleading !

The first play of the 2009 season! The eighth graders looked awesome! They made it to the championships last year as seventh graders, so we're expecting great things from them this year. There's Brent in white out on the field. Tristan loved seeing him out there and kept pointing his chubby little finger and shouting, "Dada!"

We stayed for about two hours, during which time Tristan did his very best to throw himself down the bleachers. He managed to fall down just one bench and remained unhurt, but was undaunted and tried to throw himself even further down. Thank goodness for some of the other coaches wives and teachers sitting nearby who rescued him every so often! I felt like we were pressing our luck to stay any longer, so we said "Adieu" to the game and headed home for some well deserved rest. Phew!
post signature

2 comments:

Anna said...

Love the bedhead!!

Michael and Hannah said...

Ha, ha... gotta love that static cling!