I was wondering if I was going to be able to meet my goal of posting all Christmas pictures before the end of January, and it looks as if I might just squeak by. So, here I am posting Christmas Day photos on the eve of
February 1. If you remember, we arrived back at our home at 1am on Christmas Day. Thus, we were a little bleary eyed when the kids woke up bright and early at their normal 7 am. They were ready for Christmas, even if their parents were ready to turn back over and go back to sleep! They were so excited and cute and I sat them at the top of the stairs just like I did when I was a kid.

Tristan just stood and stared when he entered the living room. He turned around several times and then headed straight over to Maura's new bouncy ball and pitched it across the room. Maura was furious that her fairy ball had been tossed and headed over for some serious bouncing.

Mr. Santa had the brilliant idea of giving the kids foam swords for Christmas. Now, they beat each other over the head on a regular basis. I think Santa may have gotten the gifts mixed up. Tristan seemed to prefer Maura's gifts and Maura liked Tristan's.

Maura was pretty excited about her big girl bike. Tristan finally figured out that his trucks are FUN! He actually spends more
time sitting in this truck than pushing it.

Maura with her dinosaur family--she received a baby T. Rex to join her big
dino. Aww, Tristan loved his baby Triceratops and kept giving it hugs and kisses.

Despite the fact that we'd been out of town, I tried to be ready and anticipate Christmas morning, so I did have sausage and cinnamon rolls ready for Christmas morning breakfast.
A rare Christmas morning photo of me in my PJ's. I couldn't miss having a photo with my girl! Brent enjoyed opening his presents, despite the plane flying around his head!
My favorite gift--my super premium snuggie! After breakfast and showers, we headed over to celebrate with my family. My cute niece, Alex, was celebrating her very first Christmas.
Enjoying Christmas Day with my honey! Merry Christmas Brent! Maura and Tristan were both so excited to be a Grammy and Pappap's house. I manged to forget to get a photo of my kids with their grandparents.
Maura received a parachute from Aunt Lorie and Uncle Micah. INSTANT love. Daddy and his wild kids.
Stocking time! Everyone piled onto the couch for this family tradition.
What a fun family day. I love Christmas and I'm always a little sad that it's over and I have to wait another whole year for it to come again. Thank you, God, for sending us Baby Jesus!
2 comments:
Everyone can always use a little Christmas in January (or February!). I'm gonna be an Allen in my next life... love how special you make everything!
Love the foam swords! Ha!
Post a Comment