Thursday, December 17, 2009

Waiting for Santa

Maura was into Santa this year. Way, way into Santa. We played Rudolph and Santa for at least the two months leading up to Christmas. She talked about Santa all the time and told me something different every single time I asked what she wanted for Christmas. She got REALLY excited every time we visited Santa, which happened a grand total of four times this Christmas season. Every single time her reaction was priceless and I'm so glad I got it on film. Maura and I met Santa and Mrs. Claus at a MOPS Christmas party. Tristan was sick and couldn't come(not that he likes Santa anyway!) so it was just my girl and I. I realized later that evening that Maura had a fever and was sick as well, but she sure recovered nicely to visit with Santa.

So cute! She was so starstruck by the big man. When she went to get into his lap, she just kept jumping and jumping and he couldn't pick her up. I think she was so excited that she couldn't control it. She got all red in the face and put her hands over her mouth and I was half afraid that she wouldn't be able to talk at all, but she managed to give him her list.

Alexandra was at the party as well, and she just had to touch that fluffy white beard. So cute!

On the last Friday before Christmas our library had a special program for Christmas. All the children's librarians participated, reading Christmas books, singing silly songs and doing finger plays. Have I mentioned how much I love our library??? My wild man was, of course, not at all interested in sitting and listening to the program. He headed off to check out some tunes. My favorite librarian, Ms. Mary Lou, led the kids in a rousing rendition of Jingle Bells, complete with bells for all the kids to shake.

I'm one proud mama with my sweet Christmas kiddos. Tristan and Lily hamming it up after the program.

Maura got to visit Santa at the library too, although he appeared to be having a wardrobe malfunction! This is a close as Tristan would get. Notice the look of utter terror on his face. "Mama! Rescue me!!"

That same afternoon, we were leaving for Colorado. We had to have everything ready when we left for Christmas morning. We didn't expect to be back home until the wee hours of Christmas morning, so I had the kids set out the cookies, carrot and water(we compromised on this because I told Maura that milk would go bad by the time Santa came.) Maura was so proud of herself! My sweet kids all ready for Santa to make his appearance, only one week later!!

I had to post these pics of the first snowfall. It occurred one Saturday morning early in December. I let Brent sleep in and brought the kids down for breakfast that morning. There were about three snowflakes falling from the sky and Maura was SO excited. I prayed that the snow wouldn't melt by the time Brent woke up and we waited for Daddy so they could go out and "play" in the snow. I don't know if you can even see the snow in this picture. It BARELY covered the table! Tristan getting his fingers on the white stuff. He refused to wear mittens or gloves, but after falling hands first into the snow a few minutes later, he consented to putting the hated mittens on.

The kids making "snowballs," which consisted of about two flakes of snow squished together and thrown into the air. They had so much fun playing outside with their Daddy. Ahh, there's my little reindeer! Those antlers were a wardrobe staple for all of December! We're ALMOST to Christmas!!


post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Four Santas??? That could be confusing! My kids have only ever seen the one at Calloway, and he's the same man every year. They think he's the real deal. I've worried about what we'll do when he retires... don't think they won't notice! Cute pics!