Friday, July 9, 2010

Nan and Poppa's Introduction

Bennett turned one week old on Thursday the 24th. Nan and Poppa hadn't had a chance to meet him yet due to Poppa's work schedule, but on his one week birthday they came up for a visit. We were so honored to get to introduce our third sweet baby to them. Bennett is their fifth grandchild, but each child is so special and precious and different. Nan and Poppa loved their sweet newest addition.
Nan and Poppa had ridden their motorcycles up to see us and were hot and tired and dehydrated. They still had the energy to visit with their spirited grandchildren! Sherran loved holding Bennett and thought he looked a lot like Brent as a baby. Poppa was holding Tristan's blankies. Tristan rarely lets these blankets out of his sight, so you know Poppa is special!
Chuck and Sherran with the Allen Grandkids. They loved loving on these babies all weekend, and the kids just soaked in the attention. They were ready for some GOOD TIMES with Nan and Poppa!
Tristan loves to play rough. His favorite games are Tickle Monster and wrestling and it's not uncommon for him to walk up to you and beg you to "tickle me!" Poppa's visit was no exception. The kids loved jumping on their poor Poppa!
Tristan got his share of airplane rides with Poppa. I wonder if he was sore the next day from this unusual workout!
Nan put in some train time and the kids loved showing her all their toys. They turn into the biggest showoffs when people come over and start dragging out all their toys to show them off. Tristan loved helping Nan crash the train down the hill.
The highlight of the evening had to have been the motorcycles. Tristan is into any and all things mechanical, so he couldn't wait to get out and sit on those motorcycles. Maura was interested too, but she was happy to sit on a motorcycle for a few minutes and pose with Poppa.
Tristan, on the other hand, had to figure out EVERYTHING about the motorcycles. He had to wear the helmet, try all the buttons and honk the horn. He even wanted to turn the motorcycle on and he loved the "Big Noise!" Brent and I think we might have a problem on our hands. This boy has definitely been bitten by the motorcycle bug!
My biker beauty! She definitely preferred the stability of Nan's trike.
Tristan would NOT take this helmet off. I think he would have worn it for the rest of the evening if I would have allowed it! It was a heavy helmet and he had to concentrate to keep his head balanced!
The next morning, Nan and Poppa came and got the kids and took them to breakfast and then to their hotel to swim. Brent and I got to enjoy a quiet morning at home with just our sleepy newborn. We LOVED the solitude!! The kids LOVED the pool. Nan and Poppa LOVED the kids. It was a win win win situation!
This boy has turned into a water bug. He loves floating around with the security of his water wings and he's really doing a great job with learning to kick and swim.

Brent, Tristan and Poppa enjoying the "hot" tub. More like "warm" tub!
Two beautiful ladies. I think Maura is pretending to be a kitty cat. She LOVED the pool because it was only three feet deep and she could stand up. I'm considering getting a night at the hotel from time to time to let the kids swim!
Handsome little man at one week of age. I can't believe he's already starting to get big!! He's still my curled up sweet newborn, though!!
Three generation of Allen men, and Poppa with his namesake--Charles William Allen with Bennett William Allen.Nan enjoyed one last cuddle with this sweet man. I think Nan and Poppa enjoyed their visit and I know my kids enjoyed their Nan and Poppa. We hated to see them go, but knew we'd be visiting again in just a week.
I hate that I don't take as many photos with my own parents. I just don't think about taking my camera over when we go over for visits, but one evening, we went for a fun swim and some dinner and I got this sweet shot of my baby with his Grammy. She just loves loving on this sweet baby.
I just had to post this hilarious photo. We went over to play at Angie and Sarah's house and managed to corral all five kids on the couch at the same time. Getting all five to look normal at the same time is a challenge we weren't quite up to.
Maura and her bestie Sarah with their little sibs. Sarah and Leah are two peas in a pod. Maura is always excited to hold her baby brother.

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Okay, Bennett already looks big. I've been working on Carigan's baby scrapbook all day and she looked half Bennett's size... you're growing a football team there! Looks like Bennett has darker hair than Maura & Tristan. Think it will stay dark?