Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Backyard camping and Four Weeks old
Little Bennett Boy has brought so much joy to our lives over the past four weeks. I forgot how nice it is to hold a little scrunched up baby body, feel him curl into me and smell his sweet newborn smell. I'm captivated by this sweet child and I spend hours staring at his precious face. He's starting to notice me too and he stares back at me while I tell him about all the fun we'll have as he grows. I can hardly wait for that first smile, first giggle, and first word, but I also want to be careful about wishing away his life. I LOVE this baby! Tummy time for Bennett. He doesn't mind being on his belly for short periods of time when he's happy and awake. He's so strong that he can push himself right over the Boppy.

Handsome Man!! I have photos of Tristan at the same age and he looks JUST like Bennett. Bennett has another reason for liking tummy time--his fists are in close proximity when he's on his belly and he sucks at them with gusto!
One day, we decided to go to Gattitown with the kids. We wanted to try to pack in as many fun activities as possible before Brent left for reserve duty, so we all packed up and headed out for lunch. Of course Bennett slept the whole time! My big kids love being able to pick out their own food, put in their own cards and play their own games, but the carousel is definitely the biggest event of the day.
Daddy and his boy. Tristan is such a daddy's boy and I was very concerned with how he would do when Brent was gone, but he's done really well and enjoyed some Mommy time. Enjoying the helicopter. He was so amazed to see a helicopter than he could actually ride in! Tristan is loving all things mechanical these days. He says they're his "most." I think he means most favorite, but it's such a cute expression!
Since it was obvious that we weren't going to be taking a family camping trip this year, I encouraged Brent to camp out in the backyard with the kids while he had some time off. He was busy setting up the tent and I was getting supper ready and we turned around to see this. The kids had stripped off all their clothes and were skinny dipping in the pool. THEN they had the bright idea to go over to the mud and smear it all over their bodies. They looked like little Indians! They had SO MUCH FUN getting dirty. Little muddy girl. I realised that I've never let my kids play in the mud before. Am I stifiling their creativity?
Brent worked hard to get the fire started for us. It was stiflingly hot, but we HAD to have a fire so we could make smores!!YUM!! My favorite part of any campout! Otherwise, it's not worth the discomfort of sleeping on the ground.
See food!! Tristan decided to skip the graham cracker and pig out on marshmallows and chocolate. Tristan was given the option of sleeping out with Maura and Daddy, but he opted to stay in the nice cool house in his nice soft bed with his nee-nees. Smart boy! He did get to play flashlight games and catch lightning bugs, so he stayed for the most fun parts. Bennett and I slept in the house too. Maura begged to take some pictures and snapped this one of me. I thought she did a great job

Tristan loves holding his brother these days. When he wants to hold Bennett, he hops up on the couch, puts the Boppy around his waist and says, "Hold Baby Bennett!" He loves his brother so much and has been amazingly gentle and patient with him.
Maura LOVES her baby brother. She told me "I don't ever want my baby brother to go away. I love him so much. Thank you for bringing him home!" So sweet. Sweet kisses.<
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Wow! You Allens know how to have fun in mud! ;o) I'm flying to Lexington Thursday evening!!!
Girl, you are so cute! I feel your pain... I was there all too recently! You're right, you wouldn't trade it for anything, but boy, is it exhausting!!! Hang in there!
Post a Comment