
Monday, July 19, 2010
Three Weeks Old!
Bennett was three weeks old on July 8th. I've been waiting and waiting for this baby boy to wake up and I assumed that it would happen at about three weeks of age. I was surprised, however, as we went into our third week of life with his eyes still firmly closed. He's definitely my best sleeper, but I don't know if it's just newborn sleepiness, or if this is really how he's going to be.
I manage to get a few photos of my sweet boy with his eyes open to celebrate his three month birthday. Bennett is sleeping GREAT at night. He goes down for the night at about 11pm, wakes at about 3am to nurse and again at around 6am. Not too bad, all things considered. He settles pretty well when I lay him back down too, so we're sleeping pretty well these days!!
My handsome new man. He's my constant companion these days. I have a hard time putting my newborns down. You only get a very few months to enjoy a newborn. I love that curled up baby posture and how he snuggles into me and needs me so much. I feel even more that way because Tristan has become so much more independent lately and needs me so little. I want to enjoy Bennett while he's still helpless and loving to his momma!
Bennett's three week birthday came on the day after our anniversary. We had a date to celebrate, so Grammy and Pappap came over to watch the kids so that Brent and I could have a proper anniversary celebration.
My handsome husband of nine years. It's amazing how much has changed in the past nine years. We've moved twice, lived in two different states and had three children. Our relationship has grown and deepened and I love this man more now than on the day I married him!
Brent did an awesome job of making anniversary plans and took me to the Melting Pot. Yum!! There's nothing better than melted cheese and chocolate.
Happy Anniversary, my love!! We wanted to go take a carriage ride, but couldn't find the carriages. Maybe some other time! We've got big plans for next year on our tenth anniversary. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So what are you doing for your 10th next year??? Can we come? ;o) Bennett definitely looks like an Allen! He looks bigger than 3 weeks too!
Melted cheese and chocolate... Oh my!!
Post a Comment