FOUR MONTHS OLD! That is just incredible. I'm so sad to feel like these early days of my baby's life are slipping away so quickly. Bennett is just the most incredible baby and I just want to soak up every moment with him and savor it. He is my little cuddle bug, my sweet little adorable smiley squiggly bit of deliciousness. I love this little child so much and can't imagine life without him. He brings me joy every day and makes me smile with his adorable coos and giggles. Oftentimes, he just stares at me, waiting for me to look at him and then his face just lights up with the biggest smile. He has the most wonderful laid back personality and he's content to sit and observe the craziness that we call life. It would be easy to forget him because he's such a good baby, but it's hard to overlook that precious little smile. Everyone in the family is just head over heels in love with this baby. I truly expected jealousy and competition. I could not have been more wrong. When Bennett starts crying(which
doesn't happen all that often!) both kids get really worried about him. If he's in the room, they'll generally go over and try to pat him or give him a
paci. If he's upstairs in bed, they often tear up to his room to pull up the stool and lean over the side of the crib and coo to him. It makes my heart just overflow to see my
children's' love for each other. I absolutely love to hear Maura tell him how much she loves him. She does it all the time and coos to him "
Aww, you're so sweet!
Aww, you're so cute. I just love this little baby. Aren't you just the cutest little thing!" Tristan loves hanging all over him and saying, "Bennett Boy! Bennett Boo-boo! You so cute!" Both kids get right up in his face, but he couldn't be happier. He grins a big gummy grin at them and they love him even more for it.

These three make me so happy. I just love that they love each other and I hope that they always have a special bond and relationship. I have a great relationship with my siblings and I want the same for them. They certainly do have fun together and I wish them a lifetime of fun and love as they grow.


Smothered by love. I was taking photos of Bennett on the day he turned four months old and Tristan couldn't contain himself. He had to get in on the Bennett action and sneak in a few kisses and cuddles. I'm bringing out this photo someday when they're punching each other!
Below: Here's a little about Bennett at four months. This is mostly for me, so feel free to skip it! Like I said, Bennett is laid back and sweet as candy. At four months, he is cooing and
squawking at us. He has the best laugh and easily giggles whenever I play peek-a-boo or tickle him. I LOVE to play with him! He likes to lay on a blanket on the floor and squirm around. He has rolled from his back to his belly a few times, but it's not something he does frequently. He just likes to kick his legs around and moves himself quite a bit like that. He's grabbing toys now an shoving them in his mouth. He really likes soft toys like stuffed animals because they're fun to chew on. He's a drool machine and the first baby that I've really felt needed those drool bibs you get with outfits. He's getting bigger by the day. Today he weighed 14'9'' which was the 50
th percentile and measured 26 inches, which is the 75
th percentile. He's still eating a lot, but is becoming much more aware of his surroundings while he nurses, which means that he spends a lot more time looking around and a lot less time nursing. He's still not sleeping through the night and he's a little unpredictable as far as his awakenings go. Sometimes he wakes up at 2 or 2:30,
sometimes it's not til 4:30. I like the nights when it's 4:30! During the day, he's on a pretty good three hour schedule. He eats, plays and after awhile fusses once or twice to let me know he's tires. I generally go upstairs, wrap him in a swaddle wrap, give him a
paci, rock him for about thirty seconds and lay him down. He falls asleep on his own. It's a miracle. Honestly, after the hours I spent rocking my other two, this is like a breath of fresh air!! Bennett likes his
paci, but will also suck his thumb when he's
unswaddled, so I'm not sure what he will
ultimately pick. He loves his cozy blankets and will ball them up and suck on them while he's riding in his car seat. So cute! He's a joy and a love and he brings so much happiness and light to our family. Bennett Boo, we love you!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment