Saturday, October 23, 2010

Great Grandparent Time in Tennessee

On our way back from Gulf Shores we stopped off in Tennessee. We knew that we didn't want to drive straight through from Gulf Shores to home and Nan and Poppa's house is conveniently located along the way. Nan and Poppa weren't able to be there, but we decided to log some Great Grandparent time instead. We planned for breakfast with Great Grandmother and lunch with GG and Grandpoppa. Fun times--my kids were excited to see their great grandparents.Cracker Barrel was the location and Maura and Tristan loved seeing Great Grandmother! The pancakes were a pretty big draw too. Grandmother is lots of fun and she jokes with the kids and makes them SILLY!


Grandmother thought that Bennett had gotten huge! She hadn't seen him since he was two weeks old. She loved playing with her newest great grandson, who looks a whole lot like her oldest grandson. Bennett's ready smile won her over completely.

We loved our quick visit with Grandmother. We had some great conversation and LOTS of great food!

Below: We headed over to GG and Grandpoppa's for a visit soon after. As SOON as we pulled in the driveway, Tristan spotted Grandpoppa's tractor and there was no stopping him. He would not be content until Daddy took him for a ride.

Michelle, Taylor, Joslyn, Riley, and Jackson met us at GG's house for a visit and the big kids just had to jump in a trailer or behind the tractor. So cute! They went around and around and around the house. I think Tristan would have ridden all day long!

Below: We brought out the marshmallow gun and the kids had a ball blowing marshmallows at each other. Actually, only Maura and Joslyn blew marshmallows. Tristan and Riley were busy eating the leftover marshmallows off the ground.

Maura and Joslyn are starting to play really well together. They got really quiet when we went back into the house and when I went to look for them, they were playing dress up with GG's clothes.

Even Riley got in on the action! These three girls are going to get into some trouble together as they grow up together.
Below: Two more kids that are going to have some major fun and some major trouble as they grow up. Bennett and Jackson are only two weeks apart in age. This was our very first time to meet him and he was just precious. I can't wait to see Bennett grow up with a close cousin. SO much fun. I had awesome times with my cousins when we were growing up and it makes me happy that my kids will have a similar experience.
I would love to say we took lots of pictures with GG and Grandpoppa, but we just didn't. Grandmother didn't feel up to it and I had to respect that. I hope to get some photos in a few weeks when we celebrate her birthday. We loved our "Great" visit and the kids made some great memories too!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

I think of you every time I eat at a Cracker Barrel!