Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Horsey Activities

Our town has just been buzzing with the opening of the Equestrian games. Not only were the games going on just down the road, but there were also multiple festival held in conjunction with the games. We went to one on Friday the 1st.
Our friends Leah, Carter and Annabelle met us at the Horse Festival to view the fabulous parade. Tristan was pretty excited to see his buddy!

Below: Maura was just excited to have Kettle Corn. She's a girl after her mommy's heart!! This child also grabbed some serious candy when the parade started. I think the kids fulfilled their sugar quotient for the week in just about 15 minutes at the parade!

Leah and Annabelle taking in the sights. I love Annabelle's hair!! So cute! She's just six weeks older than Bennett and I can't wait to see them grow up together.
Below: Our one and only real float in the parade. Everything else is boy scout troops and football teams!

Lorie, Alex and Micah were awesome to meet me at the festival and make sure I could navigate the crowds with the stroller and eat at the same time. I'm not sure if Alex knew what to think about all the confusion!

Below: I know just what Bennett thought of the confusion--not much. My normally happy baby fussed through the whole parade. Poor baby boy--he does NOT like loud noises.

OH the excitement--a tractor was driving down the street!! We loved this old vintage John Deere driven by our old friend Bob.

Below: The Allens love a good, but cold, parade! I wouldn't miss the Festival of the Horse for anything--even if I was leaving on vacation the very next day!

We also visited the Horse Expo in our area and the kids loved the displays and the face painting.

Tristan sporting the cool combo of cowboy hat and rainbow face paint!

Below: Our family in front of our town's horse for Horse Mania. Love it!!

I just had to include these photos taken a few weeks ago while I was pulling out the kids winter clothes. I know my friend Amy will get a kick out of seeing Tristan in his Lightning McQueen coat, beach hat and my sunglasses. We're just cool like that.

post signature

No comments: