Sunday, November 14, 2010

ALMOST Halloween!

I'm still blogging our pre-Halloween festivities. One of my friends said that Halloween is the new Christmas. The activities last for a full month leading up to the actual day and things are crazy busy. I've tried really hard not to allow craziness to infect our lives when the kids are still little by limiting our activities, but some craziness is already starting to affect us. With the kids being in school, we have parties, field trips and other activities associated with school. I actually helped plan the Halloween party at their school this year, so it made for a busy week.


The party was held during the school day and the kids were SO excited about it. They knew that I was helping to plan and decorate, so they couldn't wait to see it. They were also excited that I'd be at their school that day. I wonder if they'll be so excited about that in 5 or so years?? Maura and Tristan were both pumped about wearing their costumes to school that day. When they came down to the party, they both had HUGE smiles on their faces. Here's Maura sitting with Addia and Gracie. Tristan hung out with his buddies Caleb and Campbell. I thought it was funny that the kids naturally sat down with their friends from church.



I think the highlight of the party for both kids was decorating their own cookie! Tristan took his decorating job seriously! Maura was just excited to eat hers!




The next day was the Halloween celebration at the library. We got there late(of course) and I was busy situating Bennett and when I looked around Maura and Tristan were gone! I went looking for them, only to figure out that they'd wound all through the audience to find two seat together with which to view the Halloween books. So independent! I took the opportunity to enjoy some snuggle time with my favorite lion.


Miss MaryAnn charmed us all with her books. They had such a cute little program for the kids. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our library. They truly enrich my children's' lives. We've been enjoying story times at the library since Maura was four months old! Our library buddies were all at the special story time. Maura, Lily, Sarah and Tristan loved checking out each other's costumes.


Maura, the proud Pegasus, kept up with her little cousin, Alex. She's taken on a big sister role toward Alex and Alexandra actually seems to like it. The other day, Alex got so excited to see Maura get off the elevator. She couldn't wait to run around with the big kids and she cried when we left. Love that baby girl! I'm glad that Maura has a close relationship with her baby cousin, because she will most likely not have any sisters to have that sort of relationship with. I pray that they can always be close and we'll always have as much fun as we had this Halloween.



post signature

No comments: