Thursday, November 18, 2010
Five Months Old
I could just about cry writing that title. Five months. Where did the time go? I'm trying to soak in all the special moments that come from having an infant, but they're flying by much, much too quickly. Just five months ago I was being handed a wet wriggly little body and meeting my sweet son for the very first time. I looked into those gorgeous eyes and I was in love. I smelled that newborn smell and nuzzled his dark little head and reveled in the fact that he was here, and he was ours, and he was healthy. Just five months ago he was a sleepy, helpless newborn. Now, suddenly, he's a smiley, adorable, personality filled baby. Sigh. I love him so much and this is my favorite age, but I'm ready to press the pause button and just keep him a baby forever. Sweet Bennett Boo, we love you so much and we LOVE having you as the sweet, adorable BABY that you are. Stay that was as long as possible!
I know I've already said the word "sweet" a dozen or so times in this post, but it's really the best descriptor for this baby. He is just the sweetest, most easy going baby I've ever met. He is just happy all the time, rarely cries and smiles at the least provocation. My happy boy brings so much joy and laughter to our family. The kids love talking to him and getting him to smile and laugh at him. He has the BEST giggles and he especially loves being ticked with my hair, or having raspberries blown on his belly. He's getting so big and strong and can roll from back to front--he just doesn't choose to do so very often. He's loving the Bumbo seat and Exersaucer these days and I love watching him play in the Exersaucer. He is really starting to play with toys and the exersaucer keeps him busy for at least 20-30 minutes--long enough for me to get ready in the morning.

He is still a great napper, napping at least once in a three hour cycle. Sometimes he surprises me with 2-3 hour naps. LOVE that! He's still not a great nighttime sleeper, waking at least twice to nurse and generally staying in bed with me all night. He LOVES his mommy and is happiest right there beside me, using me as a pacifier. He still seems very content with just nursing and he seems to have an overactive gag reflex, so we'll leave the cereal feeding for another month or so.

I have no idea how much Bennett weighs now. I know he seems to have gained some weight since his 4 month visit, so I'd estimate that he's around sixteen pounds. He's certainly not the chart topper that his brother was, but my back is grateful for that! As far as activity, he doesn't mind being on his belly, and he'll sit up when I prop him in the Boppy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's my earliest mobile baby. Watch out world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
How precious! I love these pictures of him. You got some great ones. And I enjoyed your sweet journaling!
Hope to see you again soon!
Post a Comment