One day just a few weeks ago, we invited our friends to join us for a little creativity. We had a little play date and I baked some chocolate cupcakes to let them decorate. It is always a messy production with the under 4 set, so I just braced myself for a messy kitchen and I wasn't disappointed!
Below: We decided to continue our fall crafting extravaganza that evening by constructing our very own Halloween house. I can't take too much credit for this. I bought this kit on super clearance after Easter and my kids have been bugging me to use it all summer. I finally bought some Halloween candy and we went to town. The kids were SO excited!!

Tristan with a little "see" food. He was really more interested in eating the candy than in sticking it to the house, but we eventually got down to the business of exterior decoration.

The kids loved the finished product. Pretty spooky, huh? I especially loved the little ghost by the door. He's actually a bunny for the Easter house, but he doubles as a pretty convincing ghost too! The kids loved this activity and are already bugging me to buy another kit! It may be awhile before we make another, though. I find the kitchen chair frequently pulled up the the counter so that they can snack on our house! Maybe we'll do another house when they obey better...basically never!!






1 comment:
You're so blessed to have such great mommy friends there to do such fun things together! You're right... Bennett is looking so big!
Post a Comment