Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trunk or Treat

That's right, folks! We've got to go ALL the way back to mid October so I can get caught back up. Nothing like premiering the kids' Halloween Costumes in mid November!! Our first costume activity for the season was our church's Fall Festival. We had it at a farm this year and I thought it was one of the nicest ever--but maybe that's because they offered free babysitting for the kids while the adults went and listened to a comedian! It was AWESOME to not have to run after the kids all day. Our fabulous children's ministry took care of all the fun events for the kids and therefore made it even more fun for the adults!
I LOVE fall and the fantastic photos ops that come along with it. Unfortunately, Tristan is in his two-year-old camera boycott stage. Oh, well, that's a cute profile. You would think that he couldn't wait to get away from the camera, but a second later when we were trying to get a shot of just Brent and I, you couldn't get him OUT of the photo.


My big kids enjoyed crawling all over the tractor. Tractors are still Tristan's best(most favorite). Whenever I need Brent to take him out of my hair for a while, I always suggest that they head up to the tractor dealership. Brent lets him climb all over the tractors and some even have keys in them that Tristan likes to "pretend" to turn. They haven't been chased by any mean guard dogs yet!

I couldn't wait to get the kid's Halloween costumes on them for the first time. Unfortunately, it was 80 degrees. In October. We have fleece costumes. The kids were a bit warm. We still dressed up and got super cute photos with Rachel and Audrey. Bennett is only six months younger than Audrey. I loved posing with all three of my cuties: Pegasus Maura, Dragon Tristan and Aslan Bennett. My three magical creatures charmed my heart!


Our Praise Parade of costumes. So much fun to see all the kids in their costumes. My favorite costumes of the day had to be our triplet friends who were dressed as a banana split!

The kids were inspired to do some fall activities when we arrived at home. Despite the fact that Halloween was more than a week away, we decided to go ahead and carve pumpkins. The kids were really excited and Maura got right to work scooping the goop. We sang "The Pumpkin on the Vine." Right now, my kids think I'm funny when I sing songs like that to them. Someday soon, though, they're going to start rolling their eyes at me!

Tristan and Maura were both super proud of their finished product despite the fact that they did none of the carving. Tristan's jack-o-lantern was supposed to look like the one on his shirt and Maura's was an original design.

We couldn't wait to display our Jack-o-lanterns. Unfortunately, the warm fall weather took it's toll on our Jack-o-lanterns and they were truly scary by Halloween night!

post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Yay!! Glad I finally got to see the Halloween costumes. Your kids are always just the cutest on Halloween. Love it!