My family loves a celebration! Any opportunity to get together, and of course EAT, should be taken! Growing up my mom was awesome about making little events special for us kids. We made snowflakes in January, candy houses in February, Shamrocks in March, dyed Easter eggs in April and the list just goes on and on. We frequently had fun family dinners and this has just continued into adulthood. I should not have been surprised, therefore, when Lorie called and invited us to a Groundhog Day dinner. This was a new one for us. I'm pretty sure I've never celebrated Groundhog Day before, but there was the promise of food and togetherness and I was THERE!
Bennett didn't know anything about groundhogs, but he was pretty excited to see most of the people he loves best in the same room at the same time. There was a LOT of activity and he was all about watching the big kids. Aunt Katie and Uncle Scott joined us for the fun and we loved catching up with them.

Tristan "helped" Grammy get all the food ready for consumption. I'm pretty sure that those grubby little fingers were buried in the pretzel salad. Gag. Kids really DO have more fun when their grandparents are around! Tristan loves Grammy time and has been begging to go to her house for the past week!

The boys had a great time chatting while us girls slaved in the kitchen! I'm not sure what they were talking about--perhaps Micah's milk just let down?!? :) Just kidding Micah!

I don't actually appear in many of my photos, so I made a special effort to have someone take a photo of me and my honey!

Our friends Joanna, Drew and Haley joined us and cooked us some awesome onion rings and french fries. They are definitely invited to the next Groundhog Day celebration! I made the super cute cupcakes at the beginning of the post. I must be nuts to take on a project like that! They were cute and delicious, though!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
aye-aye-aye... y'all are so completely OVER THE TOP. Would hate to be your daughter-in-law. ;o)
What a great idea! Goodness knows that in the slow months of Kentucky winters, you can use an extra celebration!
I like this post. Hilarious and fun! Mom used to say "gag" a lot. Hee hee.
And you look GREAT, might I add!
Post a Comment