
We got a break from the snow and ice last weekend. In fact, the thermometer made it up to a balmy 50 degrees, prompting everyone to escape from their winter hibernation and briefly pop their heads out of doors. I spied people playing basketball in shorts, and washing cars--it might have been
comparatively warm, but it wasn't THAT warm! We opted for a nice walk, complete with jackets. The kids couldn't have been more excited to get outside without the burden of snow pants, gloves and hats! Tristan was positively
exuberant to take his new scooter out on the "open road."


I took along my camera to try out some new settings and Maura decided to be my supermodel. She kept turning around and saying "Take a picture of me now!" So beautiful! She alternated between wanting to be with us and running a hundred feet in front of us. Brent hung back with Bennett and I and I was very
grateful to have him around when fifty yards into our walk Tristan gave up on the scooter!


No one can say that these two don't have personality. I have a hard time getting them both to smile for the camera at the same time, so I asked them to make a sad face and then a happy face. Here are the results...


It was a challenging walk for us. Lately, everything has been challenging with Tristan. He's really coming in to his own. He is all boy--all movement, all noise, all confusion, all the time. Recently he's REALLY been testing his
boundaries, openly defying us, hitting when he's told no and making hissing noises when he's corrected. On this walk, he wanted to run as fast as he could, as far as he could in front of us. It wouldn't be a problem if we lived out on a quiet country lane, but we could NOT make him understand that cars might be backing out of their driveways and not see him as he ran past. Brent started playing a "GO, STOP!" game with him that seemed to help, but this kind of behavior is just a symptom of a bigger problem. Needless to say, we spend a lot of our day in discipline these days. Maybe I just need a few more snow days with Brent around to handle the
discipline issues. :)


We managed to find one lonely little spot of
unmelted snow and I initiated a snowball fight. The kids LOVED it. It looks like I took Tristan DOWN here, but I think he was just being silly.

We loved our brief respite from the frigid
temperatures, but we're back to arctic land once again this week. Hopefully spring really IS right around the corner!

No comments:
Post a Comment