Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

After an exceptionally cold December and January, February has been a welcome relief. We've only had one snow day this month and some days have gotten up to 70(SEVENTY DEGREES!). My kids have been so stir crazy. I feel like we've been tripping all over each other in this house. We've been cranky because of the cloudy skies. We took the opportunity during the beautiful weather to get out to the park for a picnic. In Kentucky, in February. It was so wonderful to feel the sun on our faces.
Maura was too busy enjoying twisting her swing to give me a smile, but Tristan was having such a great time that he couldn't contain his smile! I loved watching my kids enjoy the swings and even got in on the action myself.

This particular park has some really fun slides. Brent and Tristan tried them out together. Tristan is a real Daddy's boy these days and anytime Daddy can be a part of his activities, he's so happy. I love watching the strong bond that Brent has with his boys. He's such an awesome father to them.

I posted the photos of Bennett swinging in my previous post. He was content to swing for about half an hour. In the meantime, Tristan decided he needed a turn on the baby swings. He can barely fit into the swing and he's almost impossible to extract from the seat, but swing he did! Maura, meanwhile, busied herself with the car table. It has some awesome concrete hills on it that little boys use to drive their cars up and down. Maura opted to use them for dinosaur habitat and caves. She had so much fun. She's still my dino lovin' girl. The other day, she told me, "Look at these little dinosaurs! They're running away from their creditors!" I could NOT stop laughing!

I just had to get some photos of some of my main men. Bennett is still a momma's boy, but he's always happy to have some daddy time. He just giggles for Brent and gives him huge smiles and kisses. I love the joy that our precious third born shows for his mommy and daddy. He melts our hearts every single day with his sweetness. Precious boy!
We've sadly returned to more seasonable conditions for February, but thoroughly enjoyed our early taste of spring. It can't come fast enough for the Allen family!

post signature

No comments: