
April was an active month for us...especially with this wild man around. He's EVERYWHERE now that he's crawling and he's FAST. I had to put the Baby
Leggs on him before he got too big for
them. SO.
stinkin. cute. At least I thought so. I took him to
Wal-Mart while he was wearing them and the checkout lady referred to him as a "her" several times. As if the "#1 with the Ladies"
onesie didn't clue her in. Oh well. I just had to get a photo of this cute little butt before he become vertically mobile. Love this baby!


We managed to squeezed a few nice play days out of our very rainy April. The kids were so glad to get out of the house and water the flowers(as if they needed it) and ride on their toys. Bennett especially loved the Cozy Coupe. He gives new meaning to the term "drinking and driving." It tore Tristan up that Bennett was riding in the Cozy Coupe, but Tristan is WAY too big for it now--I'm waiting to see the wheels give way one of these days while he's driving it!


Tristan SO wants to be a big boy and "help" to mow the grass. Brent let him hold the handle, but we're trying to encourage the play lawn mower for a few more years at least!
Below: Bennett has discovered spaghetti. LOVE. He's my pickiest baby, turning up his nose at things like cottage cheese and green beans, but he can really down some spaghetti. He looks like an Ooompa Loompa by the time he's finished and generally gets whisked away to the bathtub ASAP. He's still cute, even when he's orange.


Alexandra and Tristan are the same age each year for exactly two weeks. I wanted to get a photo of our two year
olds together. Pretty hard to believe that there's only a one year difference in age. What a difference a year makes!
Below: Don't be fooled by the beautiful weather in the earlier photos. This is how we spent a good portion of our April...in the bathroom. Due to the severe weather threats, we spent a lot of time in our "safe room," which is the powder room in our house. It's a bit crowded for our family of five. I think we're going to have to make some other arrangements as our kids get bigger. Right now, I throw some blankets on the floor and Maura and Tristan hang out there while Bennett and I perch on the toilet and Brent sits on the sink.


The kids were really great during all the scary weather emergencies. They never panicked and came quietly to the bathroom, even in the middle of the night. I'm going to have to keep a tornado kit in the bathroom if this crazy weather doesn't let up soon! As it is now, I grab coloring books, snacks and my external hard drive before hunkering down in safety!

The most exciting moment of my April hands down, is the moment that Tristan was fully potty trained! It was the realization of a dream for me to have him
pottying independently. We've had a few accidents and slip ups since, but for the most part he's done a great job. He finished filling up his potty chart with stickers and got to pick out a remote controlled Lightning McQueen as his potty present. Big stuff! Bye Bye diapers, hello Big boy!!

1 comment:
YAY Tristan!!!!! So proud!
Post a Comment