Saturday, November 12, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge

I like to have fun...a lot. My husband accuses me of constantly looking for the next fun thing and planning fun things at all times. What can I say? I'm fun!! After we knew Brent would be deploying in October, I then began thinking of all the fun things we would have to pack into the month prior to his deployment. Our style was a bit cramped by the soccer games we had every Saturday morning, but I just knew we had to fit in a trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We had never been there due to the ridiculous room pricing, but I knew we had to go for a little mini vacation for a special treat. We didn't tell the kids where we were going til we left and after that I wished I hadn't told them til we got there. It was a long 1 1/2 hour drive!

They couldn't wait to get started! I didn't take my camera with me the first time we visited the park because I wasn't sure what to expect, but the kids had an absolute BLAST! The air and the water are both warm in the water park, so we were never really cold, even when waiting in line. They had an amazing kiddie pool with four fun slides that were never crowded. Bennett loved the water jets coming up from the floor. We splashed and swam til the kids were hungry then headed to a local restaurant for dinner.

LOVE these sweet kids!! Can you tell that Bennett was worn out?? I think he might have just gone to sleep if we had left him there!

Daddy took the kids to story time and the arcade while I attempted to put Bennett down for bed. I say attempted because every few minutes kids would run screaming down the halls. Seriously? Who lets their kids run screaming in the hallway of a hotel at night? Anyway, the kids LOVED the arcade and begged to go back the next day.

The Lodge does a good job having family friendly activities for the kids that don't involve water. We went to see the clock strike and stayed to meet raccoon. Even Bennett was impressed!

I did take my camera on Day 2 because Brent promised me that he'd take it straight out to the car once I took all the photos I wanted. The kids were having a ball. They loved this lily pad obstacle course. Maura was so good at it--much better than a lot of kids older than her. I think it probably has something to do with her strength to weight ratio. Tristan required a little assistance. He loved it, though!

The wave pool was another big hit with the kids. I think it brought back great memories of the ocean.

I couldn't believe Bennett. He was completely unfazed by the waves pounding him and breaking close to his face. He is a wild child!!

Only group shot of the day--you can tell that Tristan is none too happy about it. They were having WAY too much fun to stop for photos!

It was such a fun weekend! I would highly recommend it to families, if you can stomach the high prices. My kids are still talking about it and asking when we can go back. Tristan has an elaborate plan that has to do with Daddy's return, picking up Nan and Poppa and going to Great Wolf Lodge. Better start saving your pennies buddy!!!

post signature

No comments: