Monday, March 11, 2013

My Funny Valentines


I love, love, LOVE making holidays special for my kids.  I know that this is the kind of thing that they'll remember as they get older and it will help to show them how much I love them.  I wanted Valentine's Day to be special, even if we had to rush out the door to make it to school on time.  To that end, I had to have absolutely everything read and set out in the morning so that we could do things as quickly as possible.  The kids had muffins waiting for them on the table and they were anxious for their Valentine's gifts, which I told them would have to wait til Daddy got home later.  They loved the special treatment, and especially the gummy bears.  Bennett ate all his gummy bears and his chocolate that morning, leaving both muffin and apples.  That's one way to start off a school day!


 My sweet, funny, adorable, lovable Valentines.  I love them so much.  God blessed us so richly when he brought each one into our lives.  My life would be so imcomplete without the fun, laughter and love that they bring into my world.  They are truly my gifts from God.

 They waited patiently all day, but as soon as Brent walked in they were clamoring for their Valentine gifts.  We tortured them by making them pose for photos first!

 Nothin' says lovin like...books!  Every child got at least one new book.  That's love!  Brent got a Settlers of Catan expansion pack. Now we have to actually ask others to play with us!

 That evening, we headed to my parent's house for a Valentine dinner. It wasn't romantic, but it was fun!  We enjoyed sharing this day of love with some of the ones we love most in this whole world!

post signatureHappy Valentine's Day!  If you read this blog, we love you too!!

No comments: