
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Bittersweet
I had one of those moments tonight. I knew that I would have these moments when I moved here to Georgia, but it dosen't make it any easier when they happen. I knew that I would miss really important things while being away from my family and friends, but it really hit home tonight. I'm so happy to announce that my sister Lorie and her husband Micah are pregnant with their first child. I'm so excited for them as they make the transition into parenthood. They can't even begin to imagine yet the wonderful road that they've started along and how very much it will change their lives. I can't wait to meet my niece or nephew. God has truly blessed our family and I'm so thankful to Him for his blessings--I just wish I could be there. It was so hard tonight imagining they joy that my family got to experience together and knowing that I couldn't be a part of it. It's so hard to think about Lorie going through the whole pregnancy and not being there to experience it with her. It's almost incomprehensible that I might not be able to be there when the baby is born. I just hope that God will make a way for me to be able to share this with her, perhaps by us hanging out in Kentucky for the entire month of April? I hope that these musings don't in any way take away from the joy Lorie and Micah have in their announcement, I'm just trying to record how I feel. Lorie is due April 26th, just two days before my birthday. I can hardly wait to find out what they're having!! Congratulations Lorie and Micah!
Lorie and Micah hanging out with MY sweet baby, May 2008. Their baby will be almost exactly a year younger than Tristan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I feel your pain, girl... it was so important to me to be there with Erin when she had Caleb and Gabe, but there was no way I could be there when she had Abby (I had a 2-week old). Mom and I literally camped out in St. Louis waiting on Caleb. Erin didn't want us to come yet because she'd had so many false alarms, so we came and hid in a local hotel room!
Post a Comment