Maura, Tristan and I were lucky enough to receive an invitation to join some friends at the museum last Wednesday. While the museum is not a children's museum, they do have a children's section on the lowest level and it's free! So, we headed over in the morning to meet our friends Carolyn, Will, Walker, Heather and Adelaide. We were so glad to get out of the house for a few hours and enjoy the company of our new friends. Maura and Will were drawn to the computer. I'm really going to have to do something about the computer for Maura. She wants to play on our computer all the time and I'm worried about her clicking on things she shouldn't. I'm going to have to look into one of those direct connect contraptions for preschoolers.


The computer was a kid magnet. Even eighteen month old Adelaide wanted in on the action. Will
serenaded us with his version of "Hot Dog!"


Tristan and Walker enjoyed a visit. Take a good look people--you don't see many photos of my child down on the floor at a public place, and you probably never will again. Against my better judgement, I let him down to play with some puzzle pieces and look around. Just two days later he woke up with a cold. Connection? Will and Adelaide came out holding hands and giving hugs. So cute. Sadly, this sweet embrace ended tragically when Will leaned over just a bit too hard and Adelaide fell and bumped her head. It was time to leave! On our way out, Maura and Will made it off the elevator well before the stroller handicapped mommies and raced each other down the gallery. A not so friendly security guard yelled at them and they came racing back, only to get their legs tangled and to both go sprawling on the floor. We then carted two howling kids out of the museum. :)
Hmm...


We headed over to Chick-
fil-A for lunch. I only took this one photo. It's classic. Check out Tristan's ear! I never have had a single issue with Maura sticking anything anywhere other than in her mouth. Looks like we're starting early with Tristan!


Also on Wednesday, we got to church only to find that they were short on teachers. I volunteered to assist in Cradle Roll, so I took the opportunity to snap some pictures of the kids. I love Cradle Roll so much and the kids really seem to learn the lessons and songs despite being so little. Walker, Adelaide and Tristan had a great time at class that night. Tristan is my little photo model. As soon as he noticed that I'd gotten out the camera, he started showing off. He thought that Peek-a-boo with his bible was a good idea.


Peek! So cute!
Walker was taking it all in. He's six weeks younger than Tristan.

Adelaide is
definitely the pro in the class. She knows all the songs and
anticipates what is coming next. She'll teach those boys a thing or two! We've really enjoyed getting to know our new friends and look forward to many more
play dates in the next few months.
1 comment:
Wesley used to sit at that very table!
Post a Comment