Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tristan's First Word

Well, we've officially come to it...Tristan's very first word. I've been prepping him for months now. In the morning, "Tristan, Hi, say Mama!" At mealtimes, "Tristan, Mama is getting your food, say Mama!" At playtime, "Mamamamamamamam!" Seriously, I'm not that obsessed, but you'd think that the woman who bore this giant and carries his 24 pounds around all day long could get a little shout out with the first word. Nope. Tristan's first word is "Ball." I lay the blame squarely at the feet of my sports obsessed husband. Of course his game of choice at playtime is always ball and Tristan loves it. When he sees the ball, he starts flapping his arms hard enough to take off. It wasn't any surprise the other day when he picked up a ball and distinctly named it for us. Here's my sweet boy showing off his newly found talents. What a big boy! So, apparently he's been working on communication instead of physical skills. He's also said "bye-bye" since he started speaking and he's also waving and pointing. We'll be having full conversations in no time! You'll have to ignore the comments from the peanut gallery in the background. We've chosen to handle potty training by forcing Maura to spend hours sitting on the potty and letting her watch movies and eat while there. Yuck! It's beginning to be effective, just when I was beginning to lose hope and plan on how to covertly send her to kindergarten in diapers! Hopefully we'll have a potty training success post very soon.


What a big boy! So, apparently he's been working on communication instead of physical skills. He's also said "bye-bye" since he started speaking and he's also waving and pointing. We'll be having full conversations in no time! You'll have to ignore the comments from the peanut gallery in the background. We've chosen to handle potty training by forcing Maura to spend hours sitting on the potty and letting her watch movies and eat while there. Yuck! It's beginning to be effective, just when I was beginning to lose hope and plan on how to covertly send her to kindergarten in diapers! Hopefully we'll have a potty training success post very soon.

So I looked on the camera to find something else to add into the blog post and all I've got is Maura decorating for Saint Patrick's Day. We don't ordinarily decorate for St. Paddy's day, but I found these gel clings at the Dollar store and knew Maura would love them. Sooo, we have some way cool shamrocks and leprechauns. All except for the poor leprechaun who lost his head right after this photo was taken. Our window looks great, though, except for the fact that Maura feels a need to rearrange the shamrocks at mealtimes and there is now macaroni and cheese smeared on the window. Appetizing!


Oh, and I bought her some tap shoes the other day at the consignment store and she immediately turned into Ginger Rogers. Too cute! Stay tuned tomorrow to see how we weathered the March 1st Snowstorm!

post signature