Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disney Day 4:Farewell to Disney

Sadly, after four wonderful days at the parks, our Disney vacation was coming to an end. We decided to spend our fourth and last day at the Magic Kingdom in the morning and Hollywood Studios in the afternoon. The Magic Kingdom had been so crowded on the previous day that we'd gone and we'd missed out on a lot of the rides we wanted to ride. We went in with a plan! We wanted to fit in as many rides as we could in a short time period. We got there at the park opening and immediately went to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo. You just can't miss Dumbo when you go to Magic Kingdom! Maura loved Dumbo, even though she looks miserable here. She's only miserable because I'm taking her photo yet again. We rode several rides in Fantasyland, walking onto every one. I think everyone else was watching the stage show and I wish they'd stayed there! It was awesome to walk right onto the rides.

We had yet to meet Cinderella on this trip and she's Maura's favorite princess at the moment. I really wanted her to have a chance to meet her, so we went to Toontown and waited at the Princess tent. Thankfully we didn't wait long and Maura finally got to meet her hero. As you can tell, she was pretty excited about it. Cinderella came over to where we were meeting and took her hand and led her into the meeting area. Maura chattered to her about her stickers and how she has her movie at home and was generally pretty starstruck! I'm so glad we got to meet Cinderella before we left. What a memory! We stopped in for a quick visit with Aurora too and Maura posed for us. We had skipped Belle because we'd spent so much time talking to her the previous day. After she hopped down from her photo with Aurora she said, "OK, let's go see Belle now!" I thought we were going to have trouble when I told her it was time to go, but she was OK with it and we headed out through one of Disney's thousand or so gift shops.
We headed over to Adventureland to ride Jungle Cruise and Aladdin's Carpet. Right outside of Jungle Cruise, they have these statues that spit water. Maura REALLY wanted to get in the water and I didn't have a change of clothes handy, so we just stripped her down to her diaper and told her to go for it. She chickened out in the end and didn't even get her big toe wet! Quick, take a photo! Maura and Tristan are both in the stroller and both happy!! That made my day at the Magic Kingdom. We then left and headed over to Hollywood Studios. I knew that there wasn't as much to do there with little kids, but Maura was determined that she would see Little Einsteins while we were at Disney, so we went in search of Einsteins.

And we found them!! Right outside of the Playhouse Disney show, June and Quincy were standing there bigger than life! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! Maura was just overwhelmed. She started jumping around and almost ran away, I think because she was so excited. She got a big hug from June. I loved seeing Quincy. He's my favorite! So happy to meet some of the Little Einsteins.

We headed in to watch the Playhouse Disney stage show, which was so much fun. I really wish I'd taken a photo of Maura during the show. She was so excited and so into it. She participated in every activity that they had the kids do and had a huge grin on her face the whole time. All the Einsteins appeared on stage and Maura pat, pat, patted along with them. I loved watching my little girl enjoy this show so much. It was truly a dream come true for her and she's still talking about it.

Last, but not least, we took in the Beauty and the Beast stage show, which was pretty spectacular. Poor Maura was so exhausted that she finally nodded off during the last song of the show, so we determined that it was time for the kids to head out. We sent the kids back to the hotel with Grammy and Brent and I took in the more adult rides at Hollywood Studios. It was fun to spend some time with my honey. We loved the roller coaster and the Tower of Terror.

I couldn't help myself...despite having some couple time, I found myself wishing that Maura was there with us so that she could have met Buzz and Woody. I was tempted to go meet them myself!! Instead, we went to the 50's Diner for some dinner. I have some fond memories of coming here with some friends several years ago. The waitresses are all "Mom" and they treat you like kids. They scold you for having your elbows on the table and the like. It was really fun!


Brent was a member of the Clean Plate Club and had the sticker to prove it! What fun! I was really sad to leave the park that night, not knowing how long it would be before we'd have a chance to visit Disney again. I'm sure we'll wait till our kids are old enough to remember it before we go back and actually pay full price for admission, so I'm thinking it's going to be awhile. We have such awesome memories from this vacation, though, and they'll last us awhile until we get that Disney hankering again!!

post signature

No comments: