We've had a little trouble settling down to "normal life" after the excitement of Disney World. It seems bizarre to NOT find a character around every corner in real life. We decided to go out and have some fun last weekend and enjoy some family time together. We had some Steak and Steak coupons, so off we went. Tristan and I becoming honorary Steak and Shake chefs.


Maura was a little embarrassed to model her hat at first. But, after a kiss from Daddy and after he donned his own hat...


She couldn't wait to show off! What a goof!


We took the kids over to Hollywood connections for some fun, but mainly because I wanted to get a photo of her riding on a horse for her birthday invitations. I had to do some major negotiations to get her to wear the hat, but I finally got a cute photo. Tristan didn't mind wearing the hat. He thought it was hilarious!


Also last week, we made our Valentine's house. We always did this when I was a kid, mainly because my sister used to get depressed when we took down the Christmas decorations. Mom started putting up Valentine's Day decorations immediately and we all made candy houses. I loved this tradition. I remember spending a lot of time on my house to make it look perfect. Maura was really more concerned with eating the candy than in sticking it on the house. She emptied two whole bowls before I could convince her to start decorating.


She finally got into the spirit of the decorating. Our finished product!


Still eating!


Finally, some cute shots of my little man. He's getting so big!
Dum Ditty,
Dum Ditty,
Dum Dum Dum!
Also, some cute Mauraisms from recent days:
"Mommy, be interested in me!"
"I especially like the red ones."
To Brent at dinner, "Daddy, I miss you during the day."
To Brent and I after we disciplined her the other day, "Do you still love me?"(talk about tearing your heart out!)
To me, "Mommy, Tistan is stealing from me!"
While talking about our Disney trip, "I want to go back to our hotel-home."
"Mommy, when I get bigger and you get smaller..." She says this all the time.
1 comment:
Love the Maura-isms! She is full-time entertainment!
Post a Comment