
Friday, February 13, 2009
Nine Months old and Happy Valentine's Day!
Tristan turned nine months old on the 6th. He's now been here for as long as I carried him. Amazing how long pregnancy seems and how short the last few months with my sweet baby have seemed. One of my friends calls this "Inside Out Day." It's the official day when the baby has been out for longer than he was in! :) Kinda cute, huh? At nine months Tristan is a happy, charming, sweet little boy. He is always smiling and laughs with very little provocation. He's such a charmer and strangers are always coming up to talk with him and get him to smile. He LOVES his mommy, daddy and sister. He laughs at Maura all the time because he thinks she's hilarious. She doesn't even have to do anything to make him laugh. I'll hear him chuckling in the back seat and look back to see him staring at her and her completely ignoring him. He reaches for her whenever he's nearby and he wants so badly to grab her hair. You can imagine how much she loves that. He's really getting attached to Brent and he gets so excited in the afternoons when Brent comes home from work. Today, when I heard the garage door, I said, "Daddy's home!" He started grinning and flapping his arms so hard that I thought he was going to take off!

Tristan is a GOOD eater. You don't get double chins and dimples like he has by not eating! He has never turned down any type of food and he's loving the table food that we've just started giving him. I don't really know how much he weighs at this point. Last month he weighed 24.5 pounds when I weighed him at Weight Watchers. I know he's gotten bigger and heavier, so I can't even imagine how much he weighs now. He's still nursing, but only four times a day now and he's eating three very full meals. His favorite foods are bananas, pears and beans. His first wagon ride. Tristan is getting so much more mobile. He has no interest in crawling, but he can get absolutely anywhere he wants to go. He rolls very quickly and he military crawls to reach anything he wants. He has been getting up on hands and knees and rocking for the past month and a half, but hasn't been inspired to do anything more than that.

Tristan is just now hitting the age where separation anxiety is becoming a problem. It seems like it happened overnight. One day he was fine being handed off to someone at church and the next time he just burst into tears at an unfamiliar face. His Cradle Roll teachers were so sad at the change. He's always been their happiest student! Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!! Couldn't you just eat him up?? I know that someday he'll hate me for these pictures, but I just couldn't resist!

He's so jolly and I can't help but love those double chins and the non-existent knees. I worry that he's getting too fat, but unfortunately the pediatric office at the fort doesn't see babies for nine month check ups, so I don't have any idea how much he weighs or where he falls on the growth curve. Tristan brings us so much joy with his infectious laugh, but he's not always jolly. He tends to only nap for about 20-30 minutes in the afternoon and when he wakes up, he's crabby because he hasn't slept long enough. He's pretty clingy, but if he nurses, he generally turns into my little jovial man again by the time he's finished. He's taking better morning naps now, usually 45 min-1 1/2 hours. He's sleeping about twelve hours a night. Thank the Lord!!

Tristan does lots of babbling, but we have yet to hear any recognizable words. I'm still working on trying to make his first word "Mommy." We're working on some simple sign language as well. He is starting to wave and to give high fives. Tristan is loving his toys these days. He especially loves an Alphablock train that he got from Grammy and Pappap for Christmas. He also loves balls, much to Brent's delight! He is becoming attached to a lovey that we have for him in his crib and he grabs it when I put him to bed at night and rubs his face on it. So cute! He's such a joy and a delight to us every single day. We are so blessed to be able to call him our son and we thank God for his presence in our lives.

My sweet Maura couldn't be left out of the kisses photo shoot. She wanted to apply that lipstick too and give me kisses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
You know Sydney was walking at 10 months, so it could be possible he will be walking soon!! I can't believe 9 months has gone by since he was born. You probably think that about Sydney, 19 months, I can't even believe she has been here that long! Well I will talk later...PS I got a new job as a pharmacy tech at good old WalMart!
-Shauna
Happy inside-out day, Tristan! And Julie, you never cease to amaze me... can't believe you actually did a covered-in-kisses photo shoot! You crack me up!
Tristan, you get cuter and cuter each time we see you! Can't wait to see you at big sister, Maura's
3rd birthday party!
And, Mommy, love the kissy pics...wish we had thought to do that with Liam...too sweet!!!!
Post a Comment