On one of our last evenings in Vegas, the adults decided to go down to the Vegas strip to have a nice child free dinner. We got a sitter and headed down for some relaxation

We checked out the Venetian prior to dinner and were amazed to see the city of Venice recreated in a hotel. So cool. Someday, I would LOVE to visit the real thing! My hubby and I spiffed it up for a night on the town. Brent and Amy enjoying "Venice."

Someday, I'd love to go back and take one of these canal rides with a singing
gondolier. We joined a singing
troup for just a few moments of entertainment before heading on to dinner.

Chuck and
Sherran treated us to an awesome dinner at the Mirage. We had three courses of delicious food and lots of good
converstation to go with it. Amy, Matt and Brenda enjoying our night on the town.

We asked the poor unsuspecting bus boy to take our photo. Little did he know that this would involve FOUR different cameras! It's not often that all of us get together at the same time, so we really enjoyed getting a chance to catch up. Brent and I left the rest of the group to head over to Treasure Island for the Cirque
du Soleil show "
Mystere." We were celebrating our eighth anniversary, which was just two days away. We had actually been celebrating this anniversary for a full week. The previous Sunday, Brent took me on a getaway that included a stay at the bed and breakfast we stayed at on our wedding night, dinner at the Melting Pot and a beautiful
sapphire ring. This was actually our second getaway in a week, and we loved it! Chuck and
Sherran got us a night at a casino and volunteered to watch our kids for us while we were there. It was so nice to be
kid free for the evening and just get to enjoy ourselves in Vegas.
Mystere was awesome. It was unlike anything I've ever seen and
spectacular in all the feats of strength and ability. Even Brent was impressed and really enjoyed the show. In case you're wondering, I took this photo at the end when the house lights came back up. I did NOT take it during the performance!

Brent and I decided to take a walk down the Vegas strip and enjoy the sights on our night out. Unfortunately, I did NOT bring walking shoes. I actually contemplated buying some more comfy shoes, but by the time we got out of the show, every store was closed. I thought Vegas never sleeps! So, I tottered down the street in my heels. I think my feet have just NOW recovered from that adventure. We caught the Pirate Show**modified strip show** at Treasure Island, but only stayed for a moment. We walked down and watched the volcano in front of the Mirage erupt. We then set of WAY down the strip to watch the famous fountains at the
Bellagio. On the way we stopped by the
Trevi Fountain and were transported to Italy for a moment, until someone tried to hand us a card featuring a naked woman, and we were transported back to Vegas! We FINALLY made it all the way to the
Bellagio--which was at least a mile down the strip. We stood expectantly in front of the fountain pool for at least twenty minutes before I begged Brent to go into the
Bellagio and see if they were doing any more fountain shows that evening. Sadly, the turn off the fountains at 12am, so we were a half hour late. I tottered back down the strip on feet that felt like they were bleeding, and we headed to our casino. We stayed at a Station casino near Amy's house(Actually right down the street). It was so nice and so relaxing. We slept late and really enjoyed ourselves.

Brent went and got the kids and we brought them to the casino to swim in the big pool and have lunch with us. They loved it because there was a nice wading area that allowed them to fool around in the pool on their own. Tristan ran around and around in the water and drank about half the pool. About an hour later, he looked like this! He was so worn out that he fell asleep in my arms. Maura fell asleep in a beach chair and both kids took their naps out in the open.

Later that day, we met up with Matt, Brenda, Chuck and
Sherran on Mount Charleston, about thirty miles away. It's amazing what a difference thirty miles makes. We went from dry arid desert to tree lined mountains in about forty minutes. The kids loved being in the outdoors in the cool mountain air. They were also VERY interested in Aunt Brenda's dog, who unfortunately does NOT love kids. Tristan helped himself to some very dirty ice from the cooler. Yum, dirt!
The beautiful view from our picnic site. Uncle Matt helped Tristan eat a melted
Popsicle. It was Matt's actual birthday, so we were so happy to get to share it with him.

My girl and I. It was COOL up on that mountain. Thankfully Amy thought to bring some jackets for us! Ava got her first taste of
smores. It was love at first lick. This baby devoured that
smore.

Poppa and Tristan. Tristan turned into a Poppa's boy this week. He cried if someone tried to take him away from his beloved Poppa. Nan and Poppa with their three sweet
grandkids. Ava is still hanging onto that
smore!

Maura pretended to be a bird while she ate her
smore. Ava said, "
Umm, are there anymore
smores in here!"

Moon rising over Vegas. It was just beautiful to come down off the mountain to see the full moon rising over the city. We headed home the next day. Once again, the kids were angels on the flight and Maura got to visit the cockpit and talk to the pilot. She was VERY excited about it!

Maura even helped with the luggage handling. She loved having a job. Goodbye Vegas! Hello Kentucky! We're happy to be back home!

1 comment:
Okay, Vegas has never been on my list of places I'd like to go, but you've sold me... now I wanna go!
Post a Comment