Never fear, dear blog readers(all three of you), there's more pumpkin patch action to be had here at Allen Family Adventure! We had TWO field trips to pumpkin patches this year and of course we didn't miss either. Luckily they were to different places, so we bundled up and headed out for another day of pumpkin fun. >"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong. Can you guess which thing is not like the others before I finish my song?" Maybe it's the lack of hat and coat, maybe it's the social
awkwardness, but Maura just wasn't quite into the whole group dynamic.
Ahh, that's better. Gracie, Chloe, Noelle, Marty and Maura getting together for a big My School photo. And, in my own defense, we left the house at least an hour after these guys did, and it warmed up considerably in that time period. It was not really hat weather. He looks like he's being all sweet and smelling the flowers, but actually he's tearing them apart.

Beautiful girl, beautiful flowers, beautiful day. Love those baby blues.

We, unwisely, attempted the corn maze. We allowed Maura to make the directional decisions and she actually got us out of there after a time! Tristan and Grammy bringing up the rear. I LOVE having my mom go on field trips with us!

Tristan found a very green pumpkin and I thought it might be his final decision because he was REALLY into it. He ended up opting for the orange kind. Supamodel!

!

It was a beautiful day to be in a pumpkin patch. We had a lot of rain this fall, just not on pumpkin patch days. Enjoying an honest to goodness hay ride.

Showing off the goods. When Jackson offered to share with Tristan, I don't think he really knew what he was getting himself into.

I can't believe how many gorgeous shots Maura let me take of her!

There were lots of animals at this farm and we especially enjoyed the goats and the baby ducklings that slid down a slide. My kids watched those ducks for at least twenty minutes and the guy even let them pet a duckling. Tristan fancied himself a big boy and joined the other big boys in the truck. I think he almost got trampled and kicked out several times.

"
Drivin' away Mom!" I do love the corn boxes. It's a lot cleaner than sand, but we're still finding corn!

Tristan thought he was hilarious, putting his fingers in the dragon's mouth and pretending that it was biting them. Come to think of it, it was hilarious! Hands down, my favorite activity of the day was the giant slide. There was no prohibition on adults riding, so I took my very bumpy turn. LOVED it. My favorite time was when I went down soon after Maura, caught up to her due to my, ahem, superior weight, and pushed her the rest of the way down with my feet!
Little
rockin' cowboy. Maura pretending to be a baby duckling going down the slide. She was WAY into this bit of imagination when a rather large boy decided to join her on the slide. She protested, I told her that he was a baby duck too, and she came back with, "He is NOT a baby duck. He is a big duck!" I was concerned that she would elaborate, but she didn't.

Just had to include this because my baby boy doesn't really look like a baby anymore. He's such a big boy now!
Believe it or not, that's the end of the pumpkin patch posts for this year! I know you'll be sad, but we'll visit some again next year!

3 comments:
These pics are GREAT!! I love sunny fall pics. btw, my sis-in-law found a blog book web site. Let me know if you're interested. I'll hook ya up!
What 3 readers are you talking about???? I am a follower, just not a Blogger anymore, I still look though!
Shauna
Seriously... now you're just rubbing it in!
Post a Comment