Brent and I don't get to go out on dates very often. When we do, we generally sneak off for two hours for dinner and have to rush back to relieve our babysitters. In November, though, we got to go on our first weekend away in two years! We travelled down to Charleston, SC to Brent's cousin's wedding. We had such fun on our mini vacation! Our first night, we all went to a really nice restaurant for dinner. It was wonderful to eat in peace without having to cut up
anyone's food or retrieve a
sippy cup!
Sherran and Chuck enjoying dinner. Our whole party. We spent the evening eating delicious food and walking downtown Charleston.

Amy and Ryan's beautiful wedding in the oldest Baptist church in the South. Brent, Me, Grandmother,
Grandpoppa, Aunt Claudia,
Sherran, and Chuck on the wedding day. The bride and groom had arranged for the wedding guests to take a walking tour of Charleston and even provided flip flops to the ladies in heels. The following photos are from our tour.

Chuck and
Sherran on the Battery.

The wedding reception was on a beautiful yacht. Aunt Dot and Grandmother enjoyed the afternoon on the ship. Grandmother and Claudia. Brent and I enjoyed our cruise around the bay.
Brent and I enjoyed our cruise around the bay. Umm, I'm the king of the world!

We took a ghost walk the evening of the wedding. It was really fun, but a bit unbelievable! The
cemetery looked spooky! Notice the orb on the right corner of the photo--maybe it's a spirit.
Ooooohhh!

Our last morning, Brent and I drove over to Folly Island to walk on the beach. I couldn't come all that way and not see the beach! We met this little crab and I had to take a photo to show Maura. I just had to stand and watch the waves for a while.

Beach babe, four weeks pregnant! My handsome husband!

Our drive home was
excruciating! We ended up taking a major detour that took us through the mountains on North Carolina, Great Smoky Mountain National Park,
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge! We followed this RV through the mountains, travelling at exactly twenty miles per hour! We finally got home to our sweet children and were so thankful to see them!
1 comment:
You look gorgeous! What a great date weekend! My only weekend away with Michael he had to work most of the time (in San Diego). Charleston looks amazing... I've never been. We're gonna have to meet there for a girls' week. In like 10 years. ha.
Post a Comment