Monday, December 7, 2009

Goodbye Football Season!!

Football season is over...finally. The middle school season only lasts three months, but it's definitely the longest three months of the year for our family. Brent generally leaves for school in the morning between 5:30 and 6am and doesn't return until at least 7:30. That makes for VERY long days around here as a single parent. Not only am I responsible for every parental job and decision during the day, I have little to no down time for appointments or meetings. The kids REALLY miss their daddy and tell him so all the time. We treasure our weekends together so that the kids actually get some quality daddy time in. Nevertheless, we are glad that Brent is a football coach. It is a job that he enjoys so much and gets so much out of. He loves working with the kids and seeing his team improve. We had an awesome eighth grade team this year, who made it all the way to the district playoff game(as far as you can go in middle school football). It was truly an exciting season, but I'd be lying if I said I was sorry that it was over!! Tristan and Maura attend almost all home games during good weather. They like going to the games. They usually get to see Daddy pregame and run around on the field. During the course of the game, I feed them snacks galore and they run around the stands as much as I will let them. Tristan loves getting out of the field and playing with the footballs before and after games. He looks like a future Hall of Famer, doesn't he?

Until you see this! Umm, is this football or gymnastics! Hike!

Go long, go long! Lining up for a kick off!

Maura loves to get in on the action as well. Daddy takes her with him sometimes while he does pregame activities. She loves being part of the excitement! Hanging on tight to her daddy.

My handsome husband is an awesome coach. He challenges his players not only to develop themselves athletically, but academically and morally. He hopes to be part of making boys into men of character. His teams really play with class and we were so proud of them! Giving the guys their post game talk.

Winning the game!! The team finished with a perfect regular season record and only lost in the championship game. Proud Daddy with his future football player. We've decided that Tristan will be the entire offensive line if he keeps growing the way he has been. He went to the doctor today and weighed in at 33.6 pounds. No wonder my back hurts!

Starting early with the eating action. I take twice as many snacks as I think I need and we usually eat through all of them! Giving the post game talk after the first playoff game. It was an emotional game and we were so proud of our team!

Good job, Coach! Your family is so proud of you!! Football banquet 2009. I helped plan the banquet this year. All part of the plan to work myself into the ground this fall! I was so glad to get this over with. It was my last major event of the fall. Maura looks happy too!

This is what Tristan thought of the football banquet! Brent and his coaching staff. They were an awesome group of guys and we were so happy to have them associated with the team.

Maura doing a celebration dance that football season is over!!! She kept asking me when Daddy would be done with football practice and I was so happy to tell her that night that we were done until next year!

Just had to include these photos of Tristan that I caught the other day. I've had the bouncy seat out for when Alex comes over, but recently I've had to be a lot better about putting it back up. Why?? Because Tristan views it as his own personal recliner. He looks like he's texting! "Mom, don't bother me! I'm talking to my friend!"
Check out how low that thing is riding! I actually had to step on the bottom and bend it back into place!! We'll be lucky if the new baby can actually use it!! Hilarious!!
post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Woo-hoo! I know you're excited! Love the pics. (And you helped plan the football banquet?? Of COURSE you did. Sheeeesh.)