Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Randoms

We had such a fun September and I just had a few random photos that I wanted to post so I can remember all the fun we've had.
Our friends Amy and Liam moved away at the end of August...but we were ecstatic to hear that they were already coming back for a visit in September! We planned a play date for our house, but because Tristan had been recently ill, we opted for a play date in the open air. Maura and Tristan were excited to see their friends Liam and Lily. The kids united over their love of Daddy Longlegs and spent their time catching spiders on the playground and releasing them in the woods.



While the kids caught spiders, we ladies had some great visiting time. Maura took this photo of us big girls enjoying girl time. Meanwhile, Tristan chatted on my cell phone. I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing a lot more of Tristan in this posture in the future, just hopefully not too soon!


We enjoyed our visit so, so much! We miss our friends Amy and Liam so much, but we're sure we'll keep up with them and see them again soon.

Below: Potty training has officially begun. Tristan is exhibiting all the signs of potty training readiness and I want to make sure we start training before he's so entrenched in his behaviors. So far, we're doing pretty well. He can keep his pullups dry all day as long as I remind him frequently to visit the potty, but he's also balking at going to the potty too. I'm just going to have to work harder at it. He LOVES the Lightning McQueen underwear, though, so it might be the ticket to getting his cooperation.


In other news, Bennett is starting to roll over. He doesn't do it all the time, but he's definitely working at gaining some mobility. He began rolling just after he turned three months old, so it's exciting to see him start to learn and develop. I'm so proud of my baby boy!!

Below: My baby girl is pretty special too! One day, she and I were playing wedding and she went upstairs to the dress up bin and came back like this! So cute!!

She is so very creative. She has a fabulous imagination and I'm so proud of her! We recently finished reading Charlotte's Web together. She absolutely loved it and I'm so excited that she was able to keep up with the concentration that was necessary to listen to a chapter book. We're already looking for another book to read together. One day during her rest time, I came in to check on her only to find that she'd set up this whole scene. Charlotte(the tarantula) was stuck into a holey blanket over Wilbur. Lurvy the farmhand had a bucket of slops to pour into the feedbin. I was so impressed by her creativity and imagination.


Below: Proof positive that Bennett is the easiest baby ever. One day, Mom put Bennett down in the Bumbo seat to help one of the other kids with something. Within minutes, we looked over to see this scene...Bennett sound asleep in the Bumbo seat. Precious angel baby. I love him so very much!!























post signature

No comments: