Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, Brent! You are the most wonderful husband and father I know! I am so blessed to have you in my life and to join you in parenting our two special gifts. I love seeing you care for our kids--your love for them is evident in everything you do. Thank you for the godly example that you are for all of us. It has truly been a joy filled two plus years of parenthood with you.
Daddy and his two children. We are so blessed to have them and we're doubly blessed this year by Tristan. It has been such an amazing year since last Father's day. Our lives are truly an adventure every day.
Aunt Tracy, Natalie and Molly enjoyed some quality time with Tristan. Natalie and Molly were our flower girls many years ago. It's hard to believe they're so grown up!
This is how Brent spent a large portion of his Father's Day. One of the most sure-fire ways to calm Tristan down when he's upset is to wear him in the baby carrier. Brent is a pro at it, so he spends a lot of time wearing Tristan these days.
We celebrated Uncle Scott, Aunt Claudia and Chucks birthdays all together. Doesn't it look like that cake is going to go up in flames?

Tristan struck a "cool man" pose for me. I think he's getting so long and fat! He has rolls upon rolls on his thighs. I LOVE it! He's starting to track objects and yesterday was cooing. It was adorable!
Maura enjoying cake and ice cream with GG and Great Grandpoppa.
Poppa opening his Father's Day/Birthday present. Chuck is a wonderful father and we appreciate his influence on our lives so much. He has truly been a godly example of a Christian husband and father. I know that Brent has learned so much from his father's example and that I'm so lucky that Brent had such a great man to model himself after. Thank you Chuck! Happy Father's Day!
Maura only needed a little encouragement to look like this after she finished her cake and ice cream. Uncle Scott and Great Grandpoppa egged on the ice cream eating until she was smearing it all over her face. She thought it was hilarious, and got even funnier when everyone started to laugh at her! Nan got in on the action too and squirted whipped cream all over the tray for her to write in. For a child who doesn't like to get messy, she did a pretty good job of it!
Brent FINALLY getting his Father's Day gift. I was so distracted during present time between Maura and her chocolate face and Tristan crying that I actually forgot to give it to him. I made him a photo book on Shutterfly of pictures of him and the kids. I know that he will treasure it far more than any electronic gismo that I could give him.

Rub-a-dub-dub, three girls in a tub. Well, a wading pool really, but the thought is the same. These girls had a ball hanging out in the pool all afternoon. We really did give them all a bath together later, but since I didn't clear naked pictures with their mom first, I won't post them on the blog. I do have them for posterity, though, because these kids will grow up together and we'll enjoy pulling them out someday in the future. Altogether, it was a wonderful Father's Day, even if I did manage to forget to call my dad. Oooopppsss!
By the way, if you love the new blog design, don't give me any of the credit for it. I hired a talented blog designer named Jennisa to do it for me! It's still a work in progress until I can get the kids pictures uploaded to the sidebar, but I hope you enjoy the much more fun and fluid design.






post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Love the blog design! I'm feeling downright shabby now; even grandmothers have hipper blogs than me these days!

Happy Father's Day, Brent!!!