Saturday, June 7, 2008

One Month Old!

Tristan hit two very important dates this week. He turned four weeks old, then three days later turned a month old. It's hard to believe that it's been a month since we brought our sweet boy into this world. In some ways, I can't believe he's already a month old and that he's growing up so quickly. In other ways, it seems like he's always been a part of our lives and we have a hard time remembering what life was like without him. He has brought us so much joy and we just love holding him and seeing him make all his sweet faces. We're truly in love with our little Tristan. This week, he has started to wake up more and be awake for longer periods of time. He really enjoys looking around and seeing all the things he's been missing for a month! He LOVES ceiling fans and any dark to light contrast, like window blinds. We're loving being able to see his little peepers! I took him to the doctor on Wednesday for a four week checkup and he's doing well. He's up to 10 pounds, 8 ounces, which was my exact guess for his weight. He's starting to add weight and we're seeing fat rolls once again. I'm loving seeing the dimples reappear on his elbows and knees! I can't wait to see a double chin! He's a healthy guy, and we don't need to go back for another month for his two month visit and shots. Yikes!

Tuesday, June 3rd, four weeks old. This is how Tristan looks most of the time. What a sleepy guy.

"I dream of nursing." One of my favorite faces that him makes is when he's dreaming about nursing. He just purses those little lips and sucks away!

Prior to four weeks, this is how Tristan usually looked when he was awake. He really only woke up to eat and be changed. Since he felt like he should always be nursing, he was always terribly indignant when I tried to do anything else with him, like change a diaper!

Look how red he is! It happens in about five seconds flat too! He goes from sweet sleeping Angel Baby to Red Screaming Monster in no time!

Contemplating all the deep thoughts of the universe.


"Really, Mom, how many pictures do you take?"

On Friday, June 6th, Tristan turned a month old. He loves playing on his Baby Einstein play mat. We have a ton of toys hung around it, so it's a little overstimulating, but he's really enjoying lying quietly and looking at everything. He'll lay there for about twenty minutes at a time before he's ready to be picked back up.

"Ahh, this is the life!"


"What do I look at first?"

We're really enjoying playing with him and talking to him a lot more. I can hardly wait to see that first smile and that look of recognition of his mommy in his eyes. I don't want to rush through these first months wishing for him to hit the next step, but I can hardly wait for him to become more interactive and playful. We have lots of fun times ahead of us.

No comments: