Sunday, June 22, 2008

Six weeks old

Warning! Cute baby content! You might fall in love with this little guy if you proceed! Tristan turned six weeks old on Tuesday, June 17th, so I figured I'd better post this before he turned seven weeks! He's getting to be such a big guy! I can't believe how much he's growing. I weighed him on Wednesday because he's getting so chunky. He weighed in at 13.8 pounds, meaning he'd put on over three pound in two weeks since his last doctor visit. I weighed him today again just out of curiosity and he weighed 14.5 pounds. I can't believe it, the little chunker! I have no idea how tall he is--it's too difficult to stretch him out and measure. I'll just have to wait to his next well baby check to satisfy myself on that point.
What a little heart breaker! He's a pretty stoic little guy so far, but on Thursday, we got our first smiles. Early in the morning, after his first morning feeding, I put him down on the bed for a chat. He cooed a little and started giving us smiles. They're just little smiles right now, but we're waiting for that first really big grin.
He's strong too! This week, he started standing on our laps. When I hold him under the arms, he pushed up against my legs and straightens up and stands. He's holding his head up really well and can do so for several minutes at a time.
These baby blues are just too precious.
Deep in thought, or else watching the fan. Tristan LOVES ceiling fans and is mesmerized for minutes at a time by them.

This evening was officially the last time to wear gowns. He's just exploding out of them! I can hardly get them over his chubby little belly and his feet hang out of the bottom. It makes me sad! It's just another step in his growing up. Maura wore gowns for at least three months--she was just much more petite. Tristan is growing out of a lot of his 0-3 month clothing already. I'm going to have to start washing up the 3-6 month stuff. Where did my little baby go??


post signature

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

So sweet! He looks just like Maura, except in the eyes. His big gorgeous eyes are all his own! Got your message... will call you back soon. Life still crazy here with cripply. It's almost 2 a.m. and I've still not accomplished my goals for the day!