Saturday, August 23, 2008

Caution: Kids caught being cute!

Yesterday just after Maura woke up, she decided to play in her room. I went and got the Bumbo seat for Tristan so we could sit in there and play too. When I brought the Bumbo seat in and put Tristan in it, Maura was so interested. She immediately stopped playing and said, "Aww, Tistan(not a typo, it's what she calls him). Aww, so cute." She went over and hugged and squeezed him. It was so adorable that I went running for the camera.
Luckily Tristan is a lovable little lad and he enjoys the attention and squeezing. Maura petted his head and held his cheeks and gave him lots of kisses. I'm really loving this new loving attitude toward her little brother. She's much more interested in him now that he's interacting with her. He is fascinated with everything she does and watches her intently. She loves that he's so interested in him and often will bring toys or books over to show him, even if it's just a millisecond's peek.
Two sweet kiddos. It makes my heart melt to see them so loving with each other. I know that there will be times in the future that they won't be so cozy with each other, so I'll just relish it now while they're so little. Maura decided today that she was going to call Tristan "Bubby." We're really not sure where that came from since neither of us call him Bubby, but that's actually the nickname that my siblings and I had for my brother when he was little. It'll be interesting to see if it sticks.
My happy little man at fourteen weeks. I love this little outfit, so I wanted to make sure I took some pictures in it before he outgrew it. It's so sweet, monogrammed with his initials.
He's giving us some great belly laughs these days and we can't help but laugh along with him.

Tristan still hasn't decided which fingers he's going to suck permanently. He's definitely going to suck some combination of fingers/thumb, but even he doesn't know which ones it will be. The last few days he's been sucking his second and third finger together.
Then, he'll switch to the first and second.
And, then we go back to the old standby, the thumb.
Here's Tristan just after the hugging session. As you can see, he's no great fan of the Bumbo. It's a sad thing to me. I LOVED the Bumbo when Maura was a baby because it kept her so occupied and happy. Tristan will sit in his for about a minute before he gets unhappy and starts arching his back to get out. I can't decide if he's just still a little young for it and he gets fatigued by trying to hold himself up or if he really truly just hates the thing.
Here's' Maura in the exact same Bumbo. As you can see, she's much happier. I don't ever remember her arching her back to get out until she was getting a closer to crawling. I guess I'll just have to keep trying with Tristan. I certainly won't be putting it up on the counter or table with him in it like I used to do with Maura!









post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Awwwww... sibling loving is the BEST. My kiddos just got old enough to have conflict, which is a bummer, but they still love each other! Love the old pic of Maura!

Angie said...

Tristan gets cuter every time you post! I am glad your family seems happy and well adjusted to the Georgia life!