Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Visit from Pappap and Uncle Jeff

My Dad and brother drove down yesterday to visit and see our home in Georgia. We haven't seen my brother since June, so it was really fun to reintroduce him to his niece and nephew. Jeff thought that Tristan had doubled in size since the last time he saw him. Tristan has changed so much in the last six weeks and is much more interactive, so he's a lot more fun now!
Pappap assuming the position. Tristan loves to be propped up on Pappap's knee and bounced a little bit. It can keep him happy even when he's crabby. It only works with Pappap, though. No one can bounce like him! Tristan was talking so loudly to Pappap that he even startled himself!
Tristan was so interested in Uncle Jeff. He stared and stared at him. I'm not sure if it was Jeff's hat or just a new face, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from his uncle.

Maura really loved showing off for everyone present. She has such boundless energy. I wish I could bottle it! She was so excited to wake up from her nap and find Pappap and Uncle Jeff here. I brought her out to see them and she ran straight to Daddy, not Pappap! Funny girl--you never know what to expect from a two-year-old.

Part of the reason she was so worked up was because of this balloon. They do a program called Saturday Morning Sillies at our church once a month and she got this balloon from the children's minister. When we walked in, he was dressed as a clown and Maura absolutely wouldn't even look at him. She buried her face in Daddy's chest and kept it there for about five minutes. Eventually, Mr. Benny realized that she was completely freaked out and he took off his hat and nose. After that, she really warmed up and LOVED the puppets. She was so excited about the balloons that we couldn't even keep her in her seat. I'm so glad that they have such fun events for the kids here. We'll really enjoy all the fun this year!
Maura was doing push ups with Brent. She loves crawling on his back while he does push ups, so it's an extra workout for Brent. Just a potty training side note, she's out of diapers and into pull ups. I put training pants on her yesterday because it was so close to bath time and she LOVED them. She had a little pee-pee accident in them and was so upset that they were dirty. She won't let us put a diaper back on her, so we'll see how this goes.
Grammy getting some last minute Tristan love. She's been with us all week and we've really enjoyed having her here. I haven't done a load of laundry or a dish all week. I've always had someone to talk to and had two extra hands to help with the kids all week. I'm going to miss my mom so much! I rely so heavily on her, whether here in Georgia or at home. I'm really hoping that she makes frequent and long visits down here. She doesn't want to miss a minute with her grandkids, so I know we'll see a lot of her.
Jeff and Tristan had lots of quality time together. Jeff really enjoyed Tristan. He liked being able to hold Tristan without having him cry, unlike how Maura was as a baby. Look at Tristan and Jeff's faces. I think they look a lot alike. We hope to see a lot of Jeff this year, because he's stationed at Pensacola, only a four hour drive.
What a fun visit!! Thanks Dad and Jeff for taking the time to come down. Mom left with Dad, so we're all on our own again. It's going to be an interesting week. I hope to make it to post two times this week, so we'll be busy. There's also a chance that Emily and Brad will make it down for a visit. I'm trying not to get my hope up, but it would be really fun to see them! In the meantime, we'll be watching the Olympics nearly full time. Go USA!



post signature

No comments: