Thursday, August 14, 2008

More fun family visits!

Tristan turned fourteen weeks old on Tuesday. I thought you all might like to see pictures of his perpetual surprise. He has this look on his face a lot. Whenever he gets picked up, transported to an area with different lighting or just surprised in general, those eyes get so wide!
"Really, Mom, I'm fourteen weeks old?"
"I can't believe you took a picture from that angle, Mom! You're showing my double chin!" Speaking of my chunky boy, I weighed him today at 15.8 pounds. He's so long too, I have switched him over to 6-9 month sleepers. The outfit he has on in these pictures is a 9 month outfit that he's almost growing out of. I'm going to have to hit some end of summer sales just to keep this little man in clothes.

Yet another "take a picture of my silly face" pictures. I feel like there might be a lot of these in the future. She is such a silly girl! She still says "girl" like "grr," so she would say she's a "silly grr."
I just thought she looked so sweet against the green, green grass. It's amazing to me that it can be hot and dry here and the grass still looks beautiful. In Kentucky, my grass died a month ago!
Maura loves watering the flowers and asks for a full can as soon as we get outside.
A self portrait out on our porch swing. We were experiencing unseasonably cool temps and enjoying 75 degree days out in the yard.
Maura has really started to entertain Tristan. In addition to making funny faces for him, she will bring her toys over for him to look at. My favorite was today when she brought her blanket over for him and draped it over his face so he could "yook" at it. Tristan is SOO interested in everything his big sister does, so it doesn't take much to entertain him.

Little Droolface! This guy is a spitter! I've started wearing bibs on him a lot of the time to catch the tidal wave that emanates from his mouth! Otherwise, we end up with VERY wet outfits.
Maura showing Tristan her best silly face. She's such a good big sister. She has started to talk a lot to him, especially when he's getting upset. Yesterday, she was so funny. Tristan started fussing in the car and she said, "It's OK, Tristan. You're OK Little Man." She also said, "It's not time to eat, you just nursed." I wonder where she's copying that from?
On Tuesday afternoon, my sister, Emily, and her boyfriend, Brad, came in for a visit. They were driving down from Tennessee, en route to South Carolina and somehow Georgia was a logical stop. We really enjoyed seeing them. I had told Maura earlier in the day that they were coming and when they got here, she stood wringing her hands like she always does when she's really excited. She loved visiting with both of them.
Brad and Tristan with my very favorite Tristan face, the VERY SAD FACE.
Yes, it might appear that Emily is abusing my child, but actually she's just playing with her. Maura loves to be tossed around and thrown onto the couch, so Emily was happy to oblige

Thanks Emily and Brad for making the extra effort to come down for a visit! I think Brad is one of Maura's current favorite people. She talks about him a lot, but she calls him "Bad." Funny, because she called Katie's boyfriend, Scott "Hot" when she first met him. If you took if from Maura, my sisters are dating Hot and Bad! Anywho, Maura loved playing with Brad and he was teaching her how to play the drums. Look at her face--she is enamored with him!
Emily loved getting a Tristan cuddle in. I think my family had the hardest time parting with Tristan knowing that he was going to grow up so much this year.
Yesterday, Emily, Brad and I decided to go tour Fort Benning, which is fun to do if you know where you're going. If not, like me, you get hopelessly lost in the forests of Fort Benning. We drove around for at least a half hour before I was able to find someone to ask for directions! Eventually we found our way and watched some soldiers jumping from a tower down a rip line. It looked like fun! Afterwards, I took them to a restaurant for some good country cookin.'
We enjoyed eating out, even if it was with a fussy baby! What a fun visit! I can't believe I've already had so much of my family down to visit. We've enjoyed our family time and it helps me to know that they're willing to travel to see us and keep up with the kids. Hopefully I'll have lots more family pictures to show after this year.

post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Oh, the VERY SAD FACE gets me every time!

Angie said...

Julie, this post makes me miss you guys so much. Georgetown is just not the same without you all:>( I am glad you are getting lots of visits. I hope we will be one of them before you return.