Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shopping 101

I put this magnet on my refrigerator right after we moved to help me keep it all in perspective. No matter where we move, or how much my life circumstances change, nothing can change the fact that I am so blessed. I am so fortunate to live in this country at this time in history. I am called to be a child of God and I am part of a wonderful family. I have a husband who loves me so much and will always be faithful to me and I have two wonderful kids who make my life so complete. I am truly a blessed woman and I'm loving life, even if it's not the life I would have chosen for myself for the next year! I hope I can always remember that, even when I'm having a rough day.

Today wasn't exactly what I'd call a rough day. My little man turned three months old! This sweet man is talking all the time, laughing, and today even reached out and grabbed a toy! He was such a good boy today. My mom, the kids and I travelled to Atlanta to shop at IKEA. It was a two hour journey there, so it was a little nuts to go, but I really wanted a few things for the house and figured a road trip would be FUN! It really was a fun day. The kids were so good. Tristan loves his stroller and hung out there for most of the trip.


Check Spelling Maura was SO good at the store. She spent most of the day in the stroller too and didn't even complain to get out! She loved looking at all the merchandise and commenting on everything. We bought her a play table for her new playroom and a stuffed rat that she really fell in love with! Maura loved the ligdonberry juice she had for lunch. Don't ask me what a ligdonberry is!
Mom was a huge help. I couldn't even think about attempting a trip like this without her. We had so much fun shopping together. We were like two kids in a candy store. It was Mom's first IKEA experience.
Me and my sweet girl. Maura loved everything in the kids section and she'll be seeing some of it again on Christmas Day. Shh, don't tell her!
Maura was a huge help! When Tristan fussed a little, she took his paci and held it into his mouth! What a big girl and a great big sister!
I'm going to post a few pictures of the house so everyone can visualize where we live. This is Maura's room just before bedtime. I love how the stencil on the wall turned out. Maura loves it too and calls it her flowers.


Tristan's room. This room is tiny, but just the right size for a little guy! He's sleeping in his crib at night these days and making his mommy so happy!
The living room. We bought a TV when we got down here and we're loving watching everything in HDTV.
The kitchen. I don't think the lady who lived here ever used the oven. It was clean as a whistle.
Brent putting together some of our recent IKEA purchases. I love the fireplace and the wall of pictures. It's really feeling like home now that we have our pictures up.
Our bedroom. You can't see it in the picture, but the fan is about six feet from the bed. I feel like I might get blown away every night!! We love our house and we're excited about being here for the next year. We have a fourth bedroom too, so we expect lots of visitors. Hint, hint!!


post signature

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

I think I love your Georgia house as much as your Kentucky house! I can't believe you guys didn't do any of those paint jobs yourselves... the previous owners made excellent choices! Gorgeous with your furniture!

cowboy and amy said...

Your house is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. God is really watching out for you! I can't believe they have such nice/new houses down there by the base. I'm definitely impressed. It looks great...not that I'm the least bit surprised! Oh, what is the closest airport? Since you'll be there for a while, maybe we could come visit! Miss y'all so much. Give that husband a hug and kiss for me and Maura and Tristan big belly kisses. Love you!