Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Preschool Graduation Take 1

My baby girl is a preschool graduate. I CANNOT believe it. I feel like I've done my very best to capture every moment of her childhood and savor the time I had with her as a baby and yet this milestone has arrived with such rapidity that it takes my breath away. I feel at the same time joy for her accomplishments, thirst for knowledge and sudden self-sufficiency, and terror in knowing that with each day she grows farther away from us and more into the young lady that she will soon become. She is still my baby and will always be, but she doesn't feel much like a baby anymore. Sitting at her preschool graduation was a surreal experience because my head felt like it was spinning with the passing of five years before my very eyes! I did not cry, but that was probably because I was trying so hard to capture it all on video and photographs! Here are the photos from her big day.
I had a wonderful time being a teacher at the preschool. Even though I didn't join the staff until February, I immediately felt like part of the group of teachers. I worked with a wonderful group of ladies and will miss them all so much next year. I was a nursery teacher, along with Marissa. We generally had between four and eight children at a time and it was so much fun playing with these little blessings. We especially enjoyed our walks on nice days. From left to right: Bennett, Landon, Anna, Amanda, Gator and Sarah.





It was a big moment when the graduates walked in. You can tell that Maura was so proud. They played Pomp and Circumstance and the sweet little graduates marched through the doors, around the audience and down the center aisle. They felt so special!

Below: Chloe, Londyn, Rachel, Luke, Bella, Maura, Amelia, Gracie, Ashton, Addia, Eli, and Issac.



The classes all performed three songs. Tristan sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" "Baby Shark" and "Bubble Gum." Maura's class sang " I Love the Mountains" "Yankee Doodle" and "Moon, Moon, Moon." Both kids sang their little hearts out. I was especially proud of Tristan who did ALL the hand motions with his songs. Impressive for a boy who just turned three! Once again, I marvel at Tristan's height. He's one of the youngest in his class, but you'd never know by looking at him!

Below: Soon it was time for graduation exercises to begin. The teachers called each child up by name to receive their diploma and a gift. Maura was first, so I don't think I even had a chance to get weepy before it was all over. She's a proud preschool grad!




The gang of kids from our church. We were missing a few of the boys, but this is really the core group of kids. I love this photo. I hope I get to share it at high school graduation someday! They are: Marty, Chloe, Noelle, Gracie, Addia, Campbell, Maura and Tristan.

Below: We just had to get a photo with Ms. Kym. She was so loving toward Maura and so encouraging. We're going to miss her so much!



Ms. Sheba was Maura's other homeroom teacher. She truly knew how to challenge the children to do their best.

Below: The kids loved celebrating their big day with Grammy. We are so blessed to have her nearby so that she is able to participate in all of our big days.



Aunt Katie joined us for the occasion. What an awesome Aunt! The kids were thrilled to see her sitting in the front row! I loved celebrating with my children too. What a special day!



Ms. Sharon and Ms. June were the long suffering teachers who volunteered to teach the youngest class. When school started, the youngest were not yet two and a half and most weren't potty trained. These two teachers worked wonders with this group of youngsters and taught them to walk in lines and stay seated in classrooms. I am in awe of their skills. They showered the children with love and gifts too. I couldn't wait to see what would be in Tristan's backpack on party days. They were so good to my baby boy! Ms. Sharon was the only teacher who was there on the last day of school, so we were only able to get a photo with her.

Below: Following the graduation, we all gathered for a picnic in a nearby park. It was not relaxing, but it was nice to visit with our friends for the last time. I had to jump up in the middle of the picnic to move my car which was in danger of being towed. Whew! So glad I missed that tow fee!



Enjoying the beautiful day at the park and the first day of "freedom." It doesn't get any better than friends and Popsicles in the park. We're so blessed to be part of this preschool and we've loved our time there. Maura has benefited so much from the love and teaching she's received there. I feel like she's more than ready for the challenge of kindergarten and she's looking forward to it already.



post signature