Knowing that Brent would be deploying soon, we set out to make our last few weeks together really special. We hadn't told the kids yet(and wouldn't tell them until about a week before he deployed) so they probably just thought we'd lost our minds with the number of fun activities and restaurant meals that we treated them to. On particularly fun morning, we headed to church with some plans in mind, only to look over and see Brent's mom sitting a few rows over. We were completely mystified! Turns out, she was on her way back from seeing Amy and stopped by to see us too. The kids were SO excited, though Tristan's first question was "Where's Poppa?". Nan asked to take us to lunch and to lunch we did go!
Mmm, to a popular breakfast spot that we hadn't tried out yet. What a beautiful day for such an outing. Maura was in seventh heaven sitting next to Nan and playing games.
I was so glad that Brent got a chance to spend some time with his mom before he deployed. With his football schedule this fall, it was very apparent that we weren't going to make it to TN for a visit. We chatted, filled up on yummy food, took some photos and said our goodbyes. It was time to move on to our next fun activity.
THE CIRCUS!! This was a completely spur of the moment decision. I had toyed with the idea of taking the kids after we saw the clowns a few weeks back, but I didn't want to spend the money. We decided the night before the trip to just do it. We didn't tell the kids where we were going until just before we left and they were so excited! I couldn't wait to experience it with them!

The circus parade was fun, but my favorite act was the aerialists. They were so beautiful the way they moved to the music.

Daddy with his wild ones. Bennett was really hard to control during the show. He was interested enough to watch from time to time, but mostly just wanted to crawl around on the icky sticky floor and find bits of garbage to eat. I don't think he appreciated the elephants as much as the rest of them.
Nan had given the kids some money to buy a toy at the circus. What a joke! It has been so long since any of us have been to a circus. I didn't realize that you'd have to take out a second mortgage to take one of these cool motorcycle lights with you! Instead, my kids settled for the next best thing. Light up toys from home and glow in the dark necklaces from the Dollar Store(which, incidentally, I accidentally broke and sprayed up on the man behind us just as they turned the black lights on. He was not amused.).
Can anyone tell me which one of these three children missed a much needed nap today?? It was fun, but we were done! I'm so glad we went. It was magical watching my children experience it!






No comments:
Post a Comment