Monday, October 24, 2011

This is why I love Chik-Fil-A

Our town might be small, but we're moving up in the world...we have a Chick-fil-a!! I was ecstatic when it opened up earlier this year. I honestly would be fine if I never had to eat in any other fast food restaurant. They just can't compete with Chick-fil-A. The food is good, the employees are friendly and helpful and they put on fantastic promotions like Princess night. When I saw the signs for this, I knew we had to go. We rounded up a few of our closest friends and headed on over...along with most of our town. I have never seen anything like it. I'm surprised they didn't get shut down by the fire marshall! It was a zoo!
Of course, my little prince and princess got into costume and into character for the evening. That's a shield that Tristan has, not a sword. Remember, I'm crazy, but not stupid!

Waiting and waiting in line for a horse drawn carriage ride. Despite the fact that we got there early and were among the first in line, we still waited a half hour for a ride. The kids weren't sure about waiting that long, but they loved the ride itself--a very quick jog around the restaurant. I felt for the poor horse. The line was past the drive through window when we left the restaurant!
A view from the top.
Below: My little prince and princess, hungry and ready to go find some food--this would prove very difficult!

We ran into two princesses on our way in: Princess Cow and Princess Alexandra. Alex is always a princess at home these days!
The kids enjoyed meeting a real life princess, Miss Kentucky. I think Tristan had a little crush!
Below: It doesn't look that busy, but looks can be deceiving! My friends Angie and Dawn were huge lifesavers, holding tables for us and watching the kids while I stood in line for what felt like forever for our food. Life as a football widow--gotta love it! I'm so thankful that I had this time to catch up with Angie, who is living in Kansas, and Dawn, who lives down the street but never see!

Together at last. These girls love each other so much and miss each other. They had lots of opportunities to see each other on this visit. Best friends are so hard to come by and we miss ours so much! I had to included this last photo. It looks like Maura had too much chicken, but I'm pretty sure she was just being weird! :)


post signature

No comments: