Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baby Shower and Goodbye Party

I truly felt honored and humbled yesterday. Some of my friends got together and hosted a baby shower/going away party for us. Initially, it started out as a baby shower before all the mobilization talk started. It was just supposed to be an intimate gathering of friends at a restaurant somewhere, easy and fun. Well, after we learned about the mobilization, it kind of took on a life of it's own. My friends Angie and Shauna decided we should do it as a going away party as well. They moved it to Angie's church and we invited a lot more people. It was so much fun seeing everyone and celebrating the new life that we're expecting, as well as saying goodbye to the people we love. Thanks Angie, Shauna, Brandy and Dawn. You all are the best!!

One of the best family photos we've taken in awhile! I did make Brent change his shirt before we left because he was wearing bright yellow. I figured that when I look back on these pictures in twenty years I won't cringe at the blue striped shirt!
Maura was a doll at the party. She was just so excited. We told her that the party was for the baby brother, but I think she thought it was for her. She zoomed around that room like she had ants in her pants! Here she is with her little friends Emily and Lily. It's hard to get all of them to stand still at the same time, so we had them hold hands.
Dawn, Shauna, Me and Angie. These guys worked so hard to make all this happen. The room looked AWESOME and the food was incredible. Brandy isn't in the picture, but she was also incredibly instrumental in making this all come together. I have such great friends and I'm really going to miss them when we move. Next to missing my Mom, I'll miss these great friends the most. They're my stay-at-home mom friends and we've been through a lot together. I feel that God has really blessed me and surrounded me with so many godly friends. You all are like sisters to me!

This is our Going Away cake. Chocolate-yum!

And... this is the baby cake. Brandy actually made this cake. I think it's so adorable. Thanks, Brandy for all your time and effort. Maura loved the baby in the tub so much that I think she would have smashed the cake to get it.
My sister, Lorie and my dad.
Brent, doing what he does best--talking!! He really enjoyed visiting with the McCartys and McIntyres.
My parents visiting with Peg and Dan Oberg.


Maura getting to enjoy that cake she wanted so much. This is a rare photo of my child eating anything without first putting a bib on! I regretted it later, to, when I realized there were little grease spots where icing fell on her!! A brief moment of indulgent insanity on my part!!
Maura's friend Lainey. What a cutie!
Maura and Grammy! Maura didn't know that Grammy and Pappap were going to be at the party, so when she saw them, she got super excited and ran as fast as her little legs would take her to them.
Our little Wildcat fan will now have some official UK attire. Brent is so psyched about all the sports stuff this baby will be able to wear! He's way more into these clothes than he ever was about Maura's.
Maura helping me open presents. Ever since her birthday, she's been really into presents. She had lots of fun with all these bags and packages.

Maura's little friend Milbrey Ann helped too. I don't know if I could have gotten through all those presents without these two sweet girls helping me!! It was so much fun to get new clothes and baby items for our little boy. We're really going to enjoy using it all. Thanks to all who came, helped and brought gifts. It was a wonderful party!
I did want to update on a few other things. First of all, I had my OB visit today. Baby Boy Allen is still doing great. In a lot of ways this has been a much easier pregnancy. I haven't had any of the swelling or blood pressure problems that I had when I was pregnant with Maura. I think a lot of that has to do with not working full time and having Brent around to help me. I've felt really great through this pregnancy, but I'm ready for him to come VERY SOON! I'm 35 weeks now, so he's more than ready to come if I do go into labor. My OB told me today that she's marking on my chart to make sure they call her when I come in, so it looks like she'll be delivering me barring something unforeseen. I'm so thankful for that! Next week, she'll check me and do a strep screen, so I'll let you know if I'm making any progress!!
Secondly, about Brent's mobilization, I know no more about it than I did the first day I wrote about it. We still haven't received any orders and haven't had any additional information. Brent has chosen to pretend like nothing is happening, but I have a feeling that once the baby comes, we may get some additional information. I'll certainly keep everyone posted when I know something.


4 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Awwwww.... what a great shower! I'm so glad that Prince Allen was properly celebrated! Wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a lot of fun!! Maybe they will change their minds and let you guys stay, although we will not be next door even if you do stay, but 45 mins is a lot closer than hours away!

Anonymous said...

I thought I left a post, but maybe not. I will need you to tell me how to change dates! I said before maybe you wont have to leave, but we still wont be neighbors, but 45 mins was closer than hours!

mommy of girls said...

Wish we could have been there...we've got to get up that way before you head to GA. Plus I can't wait to see both kiddos rooms!